on 9 February 2013
This is a good app providing access to the brilliant London Evening Standard.

In addition to being able to read the latest newspaper, you also have access to the previous 7 days (i.e.8 papers).

You view two pages to your screen, and then zoom in to read the article. Simple as that. Although you can set bookmarks and view an index too.

There is one quirk. Once downloaded you can only read the first 8 pages. To view the whole paper you need to subscribe (annually). This is free (at the moment), and I hope that they keep it that way.
on 9 February 2013
Staggeringly good app and it's free gratis. No small-print nasties to worry about. I even find myself salivating over some of the advertisements. One day, all newspapers will look like this. In the meantime, the Evening Standard has the field to itself. It's totally brilliant on my Kindle Fire HD.
on 7 January 2014
I have a Kindle Fire .Have had it now for about three weeks. My Daily Mail gets downloaded regularly ,no p problem.
The Evening Standard is another matter.
Apparently it is now being run by Pagesuites , but the previous company still shows on the app. I got it last Friday . None since. So frustrating I soon will.not bother.
on 8 February 2016
I first downloaded this app about four years ago. and it was great. Lately every time I read an article then return to the menu page, I am redirected to a blank Google Ads page that will not go away. So, in effect, I can only read one article per issue.
on 20 May 2013
I used to buy this paper every day home on my commute and missed keeping in touch with what was happening in London. This is one of the best apps for newspapers that I have come across easy to use and almost like reading the paper itself.
on 26 February 2013
One of my favourite papers and now available to me via the net in North Wales.Although only selected highlights much better than nothing
on 30 April 2013
every time I try to access the paper for the current days issue I get the subscribe window come up although I have already subscribed. I can only read copies that are out of date which is the pants as the Standard is a free paper in London. Very frustrating.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 January 2016
This app is disappointing. Although it is free, it has annoying pop-up adverts which takeover the whole screen, and I find these to be very intrusive. If you want to keep abreast of London life, there are far more interesting and buzzy ways than trying to battle your way through these ads and navigate a one-dimensional interface.
on 27 March 2013
Good for the news. I seem to have to 'purchase' each copy i.e. download it but that is not a problem and unlike so many papers particularly on Amazon it is totally free. It is easy to navigate and useful to have especially if you can not get a printed copy - even the TV listings are useful!
on 29 April 2013
A really good publication for Londoners or people interested in London centred daily news. Articals can be expanded for easier reading. It can only be accessed later in the day, but it gives an unabridged version of the Newspaper on the kindle fire.