Find Your Way Home--Bestselling Sat NavsPlan ahead and avoid traffic jams with one of our bestselling sat navs from top brands including TomTom and Garmin. We also stock a great range of up-to-date and fully-routable maps for your device, including popular destinations such as France, Portugal, North America and Scotland.
London: City of Disappearances Paperback – 2 Aug 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Iain Sinclair was born in Cardiff in 1943. He is the author of numerous works of fiction, poetry non-fiction, including Lud Heat; White Chappell, Scarlet Tracings; Downriver; Radon Daughters; Lights Out for the Territory; Rodinsky's Room, with Rachel Lichtenstein; Landor's Tower; London Orbital; Dining On Stones; Hackney, That Rose-Red Empire and Ghost Milk; American Smoke and London Overground. Downriver won the James Tait Black Memorial Prize and the Encore Award. He lives in Hackney, east London.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Perhaps because this is a compilation rather than a work by a single author, it's been more easily accepted as a fascinating fund of anecdote and history which doesn't need to adopt a chronological approach. Intermittently thrilling - and perfect to dip in and out of.
If readers are looking for decent anthologies of London social history, myth and ephemera, there are other compendiums on the market that are far more worthwhile.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
regular procedure followed. nothing unespected and normal satisfaction. The book os not a masterpiece but I hope will be enough intriguing to have a delighting reading experience.Published on 5 Jun. 2014 by alessandro
Being interested in London I looked forward to what this book promised. The favourable reviews in some papers were, on reflection, no more than overblown hyperbole. Read morePublished on 18 Sept. 2013 by A. Brooke
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Fiction > Anthologies
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Scotland
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Wales
- Books > History > Cultural History > London
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Atlases & Maps
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > United Kingdom > Regions > South & South East England