London 2012 Olympic Games [DVD]
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
'We lit the flame, and we lit up the world' Lord Coe
It was the Olympic Games we will never forget; an extraordinary event in Britain’s history with intense drama, sporting brilliance and heart-wrenching emotion. Capturing the key moments of the Games, including a specially-edited version of the entire Opening Ceremony from Director Danny Boyle, over seven hours of sporting highlights and the full Closing Ceremony, these day-by-day highlights relive the triumphs, moving stories and memories that will live on forever.
Experience once again the magnificent performances from outstanding athletes such as Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps, Chris Hoy and Jessica Ennis. Marvel at the many amazing achievements, including Mo Farah’s double gold, Oscar Pistorius’ Olympic Games debut and Nicola Adams’ gold in the boxing ring. Relive Team GB’s 29 gold medal triumphs and recapture the moments which made these Olympic Games so special; from the electrifying atmosphere in the stadium on ‘Super Saturday’ to judo’s Gemma Gibbons’ tearful dedication and the pure emotion of swimmer Chad le Clos’ father.
5 DISC BOX SET INCLUDES:
The Opening Ceremony: Part One
The Opening Ceremony: Part Two
Sporting Highlights (Days 1 – 6)
- Team GB’s first medal from Lizzie Armitstead
- The first gold from rowers Helen Glover and Heather Stanning
- The imperious time trial by Bradley Wiggins
- Michael Phelps’ record 19th Olympic medal
- Clare Balding’s emotional interview with Bert le Clos
Important Note: There is some very brief picture break-up in a few scenes on this disc, caused during the recording of the live events. The scenes were not able to be fixed and it was felt that to remove the shots would have impaired the coverage more than by retaining them.
Sporting Highlights (Days 7 – 10)
- Katherine Grainger’s long awaited gold
- Victoria Pendleton wins stunning gold
- Andy Murray’s emotional victory
- Ben Ainslie wins historic 4th gold
- Beth Tweddle wins bronze on the bars
- Usain Bolt successfully defends his 100m Olympic title
- The electric atmosphere in the stadium on ‘Super Saturday’ when Ennis, Farah and Rutherford all win gold
Sporting Highlights (Days 11 – 16)
- The Brownlee brothers’ triathlon glory
- Usain Bolt completes his historic Olympic treble
- Hoy’s record 6th gold medal
- Nicola Adams punches her way to the first women’s boxing gold
- The incredible tension at Greenwich Park for Team GB’s dressage victory
- The world record-breaking US sprint relay
- Tom Daley celebrates a sensational bronze
- Sam Murray secures the 65th and final medal for Team GB.
Exclusive Opening Ceremony Extras:
Isles of Wonder Deconstructed
The Thames is “liquid history”. Discover how the visual effects team created a thrilling animated journey up the river from its source, to the Olympic stadium itself - passing sights real and imaginary.
The sound of the shipping forecast and billowing blue sheets transform our meadow into “an isle of wonder”, to the stirring sound of Elgar’s Nimrod, as played by the London Symphony Orchestra’s On Track project.
Frank Turner in the Green and Pleasant Land
Frank Turner’s acoustic songs performed in the stadium perfectly captured the atmosphere of a long summer evening.
Thanks Tim Projection House
This ambitious section celebrates the amazing technology that makes us dance, helps us communicate, commute, remember, and dream and most of all fall in love.
The London 2012 Olympic Games ended in style with a celebration of music and sporting achievement, created by Kim Gavin. It marked the end of an amazing chapter in London’s life and featured an array of British artists from the last 50 years including Eric Idle, The Kinks, The Spice Girls and Jessie J.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews