Price:£70.00+ Free shipping

on 29 September 2013
When it came to replacing my G5 (the side buttons had started to come loose after a couple of years of being mashed) I initially went for a cyborg rat; which was a terrible idea as the mouse was a horrible shape and the main buttons felt really flimsy. After that fail I decided to play it safe and go for another Logitech mouse.

I ended up with the g500s, the grandson of the G5. After a couple of days I noticed that the high pitched whine I had been hearing (right on the edge of what I can hear) was actually coming from the mouse. Searching around it is apparently a common(-ish I haven't had this problem with my g5 or my previous mx518) complaint about with Logitech mice.

Whining noise aside it a great mouse; solid side buttons and a nice switchable mode scroll wheel. Also you can reassign the dpi switching buttons in this version of the software too; which is a nice upgrade from the previous version of the software. It's just a bit of a lottery; if you are unlucky enough to get one with a noisy capacitor like me you'll probably be less happy with your new mouse than you might otherwise be...
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This Logitech G500s Mouse is a wired (so no batteries or recharging but it does have a cable) mouse aimed at those wanting a high quality and responsive mouse so well suited to those who like gaming.

The mouse is very comfortable and ergonomically designed and fits well even for someone with small hands like me. It has a number of buttons including those that allow you to set the DPI up or down with a simple button press (thus speeding it up and slowing down) and also a button that switches the scroll wheel from a smooth scroll to one that gives you a slight click feel as you do it (which I prefer as I like the feedback).

There are also buttons on the side that allow you to move forwards and backwards in web pages and a configurable button for gaming (via the Logitech gaming software you can download at their site).

It also comes with a set of weights that fit inside allowing you to get set the weight of it to your own taste.

I haven't used a wired mouse for some time and wasn't sure if I'd find it annoying but happily it hasn't bothered me at all. This mouse feels quality, is very responsive and well featured and a pleasure to use. A very impressive mouse.
on 10 March 2015
Good mouse, that if you set it to have customised buttons it remembers these settings so if you use it on another PC it still remembers those settings great idea!

Has I nice feel and functions well to, very smooth.
on 31 March 2014
Great tracking, very accurate brilliant free wheel and clutch device, especially for browsing. Good for gaming, nice software to setup mouse. What spoils it is the button placement for the side button and dpi they are just not comfortable or fully accessible whereas my Rat7 mouse is nicely laid out and better designed ergonomically but it isn't as accurate as the logitech500s.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I should admit up-front that I'm something of a part-time gamer - but I do use a gaming mouse full-time, they're my preferred control method because of the high accuracy and sensitivity (great for graphic and creative work) and because I like having multiple programmable buttons, which I can customise for use in different apps. I'm also a long-time Logitech user although I haven't always got along with Logitech's own drivers and software and in the past have used third-party utilities (for example USB Overdrive on Mac) to customise the controls and features. The newest version of Logitech's software is much better than before and I've been able to set up all the buttons, even the DPI adjustment buttons, the way I wanted. The Logitech app itself is a bit over-complex and hides some of its more useful options when they should be obvious (like how to include mouse-clicks in macros), but it's the first version of Logitech software I didn't uninstall and replace, so credit is due. This mouse can also store your personal configuration onboard, so if you move the mouse from one computer to another your personal setup moves with it - this is limited to a single configuration, but it's still very useful and it works cross-platform too, so you can move near-seamlessly from Windows to Mac and back again. Note that although the details say the mouse is Windows only it's also completely compatible with Mac, just download the latest software from Logitech's website - I'm using it mostly on Mac with no problems at all.

I've always imagined a scroll wheel which spins freely, like a flywheel, would be a great inclusion on a mouse because it would let you spin down to the bottom of a webpage in a single flick. Logitech have granted my wish and the G500s has exactly that - a free-wheeling scroll wheel which you can set spinning for up to 30 seconds with a single flick - it was Wednesday and I was bored and yes, I timed it. It does take quite a bit of getting used to, especially because it's very easy to nudge the wheel by mistake, but once you get the feel for it it's a fantastic way to fly up/down the screen with the greatest of ease. If you can't get used to it there's a switch to instantly re-engage the traditional click action of scroll wheels. Note the wheel also can be pushed left or right to nudge things onscreen left or right but this is quite slow to use, it only scrolls one line at a time and you have to keep tapping to keep things moving.

The extra weights which can be inserted into the mouse to achieve your preferred weight are a nice touch and do actually make more difference than you'd think - you can use them to control the overall momentum of the mouse as you slide it across your mouse pad and committed gamers or mouse-drivers like me will actually feel a difference. However, I ended up not using them at all, the mouse is nicely weighted for me straight out of the box.

Overall the mouse is extremely sensitive and highly accurate, just what I'd hope for and ideal for use with creative applications as well as in-depth gaming. The gritty texture on the side panels might take some getting used to, it does feel like your mouse got acne, but does improve grip a little. It takes a little time to configure all the buttons and settings to suit your work or play needs and the software doesn't always make it easy - but if you can open the origami-like packaging Logitech ship it in then you'll cope with all the configuration options. In the end the biggest compliment I can pay the G500s is to say it's proved itself a worthy replacement for my previous Logitech and is now my new full-time mouse of choice.
on 18 April 2014
I have been using many gaming mice, and go used to Razer ones, but ever since they changed to green colour leds, I couldn't bear it. I switched to Logitech, and found this one. It appears diiferent on picture, than in reality. It has good and bad points. Hardware programming is very good idea, and quick sensitivity switching works very well, though software part could definitely improve. The roll is quite wobbly, and oversensitive when in smooth scroll mode. The overall size is bigger than most standard mice, and definitely doesn't fit into a hand as Razer ones do, and it was even painful to my wrist for the first week, but it just takes a bit time to get used to the new shape, and then it feels all natural.
The additional customisable weights are nice addition, and I found 3.4g has best balance of weight to speed, at least for me.
The material it is made of feels very cheap in touch, and almost as if it was coming off when rubbing with finger.
So far the mice didn't cause me any troubles, and works very well across all types of MMO/FPS I play, like WoT, PS2, EVE.
on 14 January 2014
Full disclosure: I've always liked the Logitech gaming mouses. I used to
play with the wireless G7 and its wired brother the G5 for years.

I was looking for a good replacement of the G5 and the G500s
has the same look & feel. It also has the braided cable of the G5,
which keeps the cable straight & prevents it from becoming a tangled mess.

Furthermore the weight cartridge gives you some options to adjust the balance & weight
of the mouse, just like you could do with the good old G5. What has improved concerning
the G5?:

+ the surface has water resistant 'extra grip' coating that prevents the mouse
from getting greasy/moist when playing long hours
+ re-positioning of the DPI selector buttons to make them more accessible on the fly
+ dual mode mouse-wheel (very fast scrolling or normal)
+ increased DPI sensitivity (settings up to

- if you like 20 different programmable buttons on your mouse to do macro's, etc. then this mouse is not for you

My conclusion: If you are looking for a reliable, straight-forward gaming mouse then go ahead and buy this one.
The price should not be a deterrent, since this one will last you 4+ years. A worthy successor to the G5!

If you are looking for a mouse with lots of programmable buttons for macro's etc. (MMORPG-style) then there are better
options out there that cater to your needs.
on 27 February 2016
I've used this mouse for over a year now, still going strong after two power surges on my PC. However, the scroll sometimes will not function correctly and when I play games such as CS:GO it will lack ability to scroll and just spin instead of inputting that I had scrolled. This is why I give it four stars, but the product itself other than this minor issue is fantastic.
on 3 November 2014
A great mouse, I love it! Only slight issue is occasionally (rarely) it won't start up with windows. Not sure if it's the software or something else but it's very easily resolved so no drama there. Love the adjustable weight option too. The mouse is very responsive, much better than my old X3 Sidewinder which it replaced and I also like the option to 'free wheel' the wheel button for faster scrolling. Very customisable buttons using the software (which can only be downloaded online). I am very happy I bought this mouse :)
on 18 February 2015
Love everything in this mouse except for one thing: short life of the main button, which starts making the wrong noise and uncomfortable clicks after just 6 month of using it. I bought two, and both suffered the same - usable, but annoying. I may click it a lot, but softly (I'm an IT guy, with thin fingers), but still it was enough for it to break something.