Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Interchangeable Grips: Use the included XL and Precision grips to get a fit and feel that's best for your playing style. The satin texture and fuller shape of the XL grip add extra comfort while the DryGrip technology plus compact shape of the Precision grip give you unmatched fingertip control.
- 3200 dpi laser engine with Full-Speed USB: Get uncompromising speed and accuracy from a high-performance Gaming-Grade laser engine—plus instant cursor response with Full-Speed USB (up to 1000 reports/second).
- Game settings to go: Take your personal mouse preferences with you. The G9 saves mouse settings in onboard memory—store up to 5 profiles (including keyboard macros, dpi settings, and LED colour) on the mouse and play your way—without additional software installation—on any computer.
- MicroGear™ Precision Scroll Wheel: Use Logitech’s exclusive MicroGear™ scrolling technology for precise, click-to-click scrolling—perfect for quick weapon selection. Or switch modes for frictionless, hyper-fast scrolling.
- Adjustable sensitivity: Shift from pixel-precise targeting to lightning-fast manoeuvers without pausing the action. The G9 gives you instant access to multiple sensitivity levels between 200 and 3200 dpi, without driver installation.
- Weight tuning system: Prefer a heavier or lighter mouse? Use the weight cartridge and up to 28 g of metal weights to customise your G9 for just the right feel.
- Polytetrafluoroethylene feet: Super-slick feet glide effortlessly across almost any surface.
Comfort and Convenience
- Custom-colour LEDs: A colour LED display indicates the current sensitivity level and profile settings. Personalise the colour LED display by choosing from hundreds of colours.
- More grip styles: Swap out your grip for a new look and feel. In addition to the provided XL and Precision grips, other grip styles are available for purchase.
Buttons quantity: 6
Colour of product: Black
Device interface: USB
Mac operating systems supported: N
Movement detection technology: Laser
Top Customer Reviews
The G9 has some pretty good abilities under the hood, the 3,200 dpi is pretty sensitive and may take some getting used to for those fast reaction FPS games but it also has the same variable resolution buttons on the as the G5 (very handy).
My only concern is the shape of the G9. Most mice are based on the "coffee bean" shape, named smooth and curved. The first thing you notice when holding the G9 (especially with the larger interchangeable mould) is that the back is almost square cut.
When you get used to it, it does make for a tighter fit into the hand, but even after a few days use, it does still does not "feel" right in your palm.
Conclusion, is a great performance mouse, a good evolution of the G5 but the shape may make this a "marmite" mouse (e.g. you will love it or hate it).
You are also able to select the responsiveness and tracking you prefer in your mouse and set your profile settings per game. That is you can store multiple mouse profiles, I have only stored two so far. I love the fact you can store macros in this mouse for your gaming (or other functions, I just use them for gaming). You can use the LEDs to remind you of which profile you are on with a glance; or change colors just because you want too. I also like the fact that I can take this mouse with me to use on what ever computer I happen to use since your settings are saved within the mouse itself. The scroll wheel is as precise as you would expect from the latest model of Logitech MX models, which is very nice. The two other thing I would have liked seen added to this game mouse is a couple of more programmable buttons and for it to have been wireless; but the lack of buttons that I have grown use to in gaming is the big hit to me. Add the buttons for us gamers and this will be a huge winner. I also look forward to the updated SetPoint software.Read more ›
I stopped having wrists problems after that. No more pain while gaming for a long time. This mouse is perfect for my hand.
During the 5 years it feel to the floor about 1000 times, and it is still working without any problem at all. This is just amazing. My old cheap mouses would break after 10 falls.
There is only one issue - the wire. It does get worn out. I had to replace the old one and re-solder a different one to the mouse, but it was only a temporary solution. You can find G9 cables on ebay, I believe they send them from china, but the delivery for it was surprisingly quick for such a distance so do not worry.
This mouse is built to last, and I mean it. It WILL last years.
Plug n Play worked fine, off to a good start.
It took me about an hour or so to fiddle with the SetPoint software to make a start on Game, General and Productivity(specific programs) settings.
I put 22g of the weights in and it feels fine.
Incidentally the 4g weights are 4g weighed but the 7g weights weigh in at 6.5g ... Odd??
And away I went.
Got on with my usual round of email, surfing and gaming.
The big Teflon foot pads make it glide on my Razer eXactMat beautifully.
Contrary to it's almost square awkward looks it is most comfortable.
I went for the wide grip.
The fact that the palm end is squared off shouldn't alarm you.
My palm was never really in contact with that part of my previous "turtle backed" mouse anyway (Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2000).
Logitech do make a longer ID Grip but it appears to only be available in the USA.
I don't think I'm going to need one.
I've tried using the mouse wheel L and R switches but I've found them too easy to operate by mistake so far (one full day's gaming ;^) )
Conversely the Scroll Wheel/Middle Button is too stiff for comfortable repeat use.
When in gaming mode, I have duplicated that function onto the first thumb switch for now.
The automatic mode selection is great for switching between a game and the desktop.
The wheel functions themselves are great, the free-wheel mode is brilliant for large web pages or documents, and in game zooms 8^)
It's a bit of a shame that they didn't extend the adjustability to the switching pressure.
Overall a positive impression.
Not perfect but eminently useable.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this Feb 2008 still using it with no problems ever.....Love itPublished 20 months ago by NIGEL R HOLLINS
For the price specially..! I will double think before buying items from Logitech now.Published 22 months ago by Inan Onder Guden
Best mouse I have ever used. Perfect for gaming. Easy to create profiles and add and remove weights according to your own preferences.Published on 31 Dec. 2014 by Mr. A
The braided cable wore through and rendered it completely useless. It also seemed to crash my laptop when waking from sleep. Read morePublished on 4 Oct. 2014 by P Chinkin
Great weight (without the added weights)
Great Form factor
Use it daily and for work and gaming. Read more
I run two PCs and two laptops. Now all of them have this mouse. It's a minor bind not being wireless but it just always does what it is supposed to do. Read morePublished on 31 Jan. 2014 by Avery
From a top manufacture comes this mouse which I am actually using now. For those who are into computer gaming this mouse is ideal.Published on 7 July 2013 by Deryck Campbell