Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 19 February 2014
I got in from work and this book had arrived so I sat down and spent a very enjoyable two hours finishing off the Locke and Key saga and I wasn't disappointed. The big worry for me and I'd imagine most people was what if the ending didn't live up to expectations but for me it was executed with perfection. I would never ruin the ending for anyone so I won't be giving any spoilers. All I'll say is that the storyline is great and their is some very touching moments along the way. The artwork is stunning as usual and it's the perfect length. It didn't feel like it was rushed or dragged out. As much as I'm always sad to see something I love finish I do prefer it when it ends gracefully rather than burns out. A fantastic series in whole and I hope Joe and Gabriel work together in the future.
on 10 March 2014
I discovered Joe Hill's Locke & Key fairly recently, so I raced through volumes 1-5, only to have to wait for volume 6. This wasn't easy as the story is compelling reading.

What's to say here that differs from the previous volumes? Not so much without going into plot details, which I don't want to do ... The artwork is superb, as usual. My only worry was that the ending would be a bit of a let-down compared with what had come before. I can state categorically that this is not the case.

If you've read 1-5 I'm not sure why you're even reading this review. If you've not read any of them, pick up volume 1 and I guarantee you'll be hooked. The good news is that it only gets better the further into the story you get!
on 20 February 2014
This is the final instalment of the Locke and key series and well worth the wait.
If you have not read Locke and Key it is one of the best comics I have ever read and all I can say is "BUY VOLS 1-6 NOW"
nuff said.
on 14 March 2014
I'm just grateful they tied it up at this point (Walking Dead take note!) this brought the story to a satisfying end, when it could potentially have been milked for another run. Joe's dark n' demonic world of doors and keys has been thoroughly entertaining from the start, with Gabriel's artwork providing the perfect counterpoint to his vision. Highly recommended to anyone graphically inclined (though start at the beginning, not here!)
on 7 March 2014
If you read any set of graphic novels- read Locke and Key
They are immense! It's so refreshing to read a series of books based on a enclosed universe. You really immerse yourself in the time and place because you don't flit around like so many stories. The only problem is waiting for the next story that's as good. Saga Vol 3 hurry up
on 4 June 2014
The ending of the Locke and Key saga is nothing short of brilliant. All (most) of the loose ends are tied, life comes full circle and the Keys have new meaning, at least in the meta physical sense.

The writing is superb, suspenseful, and the horror is real. Enough said, just using adjectives because I don't want to add any spoilers for those who went along this ride since the first volume... Read it already !
on 28 June 2015
I wish I could give this more than 5 stars.

Never before has a graphic novel reduced me to tears (for the right reasons). By the end of this I was sobbing like a little girl. This is quite simply the most brilliant series of graphic novels I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

I won't go into detail on the storyline, anyone reading this review has probably read books 1 - 5 already and won't appreciate any spoilers. Just read these books, you won't be disappointed.
on 5 December 2014
I really enjoyed the rest of this story but the ending was both obvious and disappointing. Add this to the fact that the kindle comic reader that presented this was terrible and 8 sadly didn't enjoy this at all.probably won't buy comics this way again. shame
on 6 March 2014
Heartstopping and terrifying but still wonderful this is a fitting end to a fantastic series. I cannot recommend this series more (New readers don't start here you'll be depriving yourself of a treat)
on 2 June 2014
This is a great conclusion to a great series. It's not always an author manages to tie up an epic like this neatly, but Joe Hill does.
The whole series is my favorite comic book by far