Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 29 May 2011
It should go without saying, that if you haven't already read Locke & Key Volume 1: Welcome to Lovecraft HC and Locke & Key Volume 2: Head Games HC then you must before purchasing this.

Volume 3 faultless continues Hill's story and Rodriguez' amazing complimentary artwork about the Locke family, and the happenings around the Keyhouse. I'm not going to spoil it all for you - if you've got to volume 3, I'm guessing you already know what all this is about - suffice to say - the story is still flawless quality.

The hardcover edition of this is again beautiful, with the stock picture not doing it the justice it deserves.

There are again the sketches of parts of the Keyhouse, and another great introduction, this time from Brian Vaughan. The hardcover price is only £1 or so more expensive than the paperback, so for an edition that you're going to want to read repeatedly (trust me on this) treat yourself to something aesthetically beautiful *and* more robust, as the hardcover edition undoubtedly is.

I can't wait for my volume 4 to arrive. If you do like Locke and Key and you haven't already tried CHEW Omnivore Edition Volume 1 HC then it's well worth a purchase.
on 18 October 2014
The characters are excellent particularly Kinsey and her new friends. Dodge is wonderfully malevolent personality. looking forward to the next instalment.
on 14 February 2013
I review most of what I read or watch these days and I have to be honest and say nothing is harder to review than Locke and Key because it's pretty much impossible to talk about any of the storyline without giving anything away and if you have read parts 1 and 2 you will know that it's just too good a storyline to waste for anyone.

What I will say is it's probably the best comic/graphic novel I have ever had the fortune to read. Joe Hill's storyline is simply outstanding and Gabriel Rodriguez's artwork matches it in every way. I would honestly say they were a perfect match and I only hope they do more stuff together as well as keep Locke and Key going.

If your reading this for some reason but haven't read the first two then please do It's not the type of thing you can pick up half way through and you will miss out on so much. Start at the beginning. If you've made it this far I'd be surprised if anyone ever reads this review as it's just too good to care about opinions lol. I just wanted to give it the stars it deserves. An easy 5.
on 3 January 2016
This series continues to excel. Great characterisation and fantastic characters. The depiction of the main family is great especially in the way they all struggle with their grief. The introduction new keys just adds fresh ideas to the fun. Have bought the next volume already.
on 20 April 2013
I started out thinking I could spread out these beautiful, scary, intelligent graphic novels over a few months: NO! Trust me, once you turn the key on volume one, your soul belongs to Hill and Rodriguez
on 8 August 2011
Drawing by Robert Rodriguez is an excellent and perfectly follows the story of Joe Hill
Particularly interesting is a story that is better and better and like nothing that I ever read.
Spectacular.
on 19 February 2014
Can't stop ploughing through these books,trying hard to take my time over them!
Visually brilliant with captivating story line!
We'll worth every penny!
on 8 January 2012
very good sequel to the first 2 books, keeps the story line alive and at the end still keeps you wanting more
on 18 April 2011
I would like to start by stating a frustration with this series. Had I discovered the series in a few years time I would be able to buy the complete saga in one go and work my way through. The only problem with buying the compilations is that they are a year apart.
I read Volume 3 in one sitting. Mrs Locke's depression continues, there are a couple of major set pieces in this volume. As always brilliantly realised by Mr. Rodriguez. Joe Hill keeps the story moving, more keys are discovered and no real answers are truly provided. The Locke kids seem to be being placed in more and more peril. I now have to wait for volume 4.
If I were a T.V exec I would snap this property up, it would fill a void left by Lost and may well make more sense and have an ending that people enjoy!
on 29 January 2015
Very good couldn't put it down