Customer reviews

Size: 131 Ounce|Change

I got this to store my bread as the photo shows a loaf but it's only really good for certain kinds of bread. Smaller kinds.

It's got room to take a small loaf but my usual brand (Warburton's orange) wouldn't fit in until half a dozen or so slices had been used. It's airtight and easy to keep clean though so even if it's not for bread it's a handy container to have. Quite roomy so could have lots of uses but it just won't fit larger loaves.
on 23 November 2016
Nice and high, can get out bread without crumbs going everywhere, and transparency means you know exactly what you've got and if it's gone mouldy! However, I've noticed that because it's airtight, if you often have bread that's been defrosted, mould grows like billyo in the box if it isn't completely dry (and by the time it's completely dry, it's already been eaten, making the box a little useless!) :/ Also, the box would be way better — the bees knees, indeed — if longer (so could fit a normal-sized long loaf) and the lid was hinged, so dead quick to access (as my family are too lazy to undo the lid each time!). If they made these changes, their box would definitely shine as the best in the current market.
on 3 June 2017
Very pleased with another great storage container, soon I will have completely revamped my storage boxes. The ancient ones being replaced are over 40 years old so it is lovely to have crisp smart looking new containers. Delivery as quick as usual, and so well wrapped. I have nothing but praise for everything purchased in this design, very well recommended to anyone wanting great quality airtight containers.
on 29 April 2017
Great product, I have several of these and find they're perfect for storing my guinea pigs' pellet food and garden bird seed. I also store lettuce in one in the fridge to keep the leaves crisp and stop them going limp. A nice size and very versatile. I don't think you can really go wrong with Lock & Lock, highly recommended.
on 26 November 2015
impossible to go wrong with these Lock & Lock containers. Used other similar makes, but think these are the best. Keeps food very fresh and easy to lock and unlock. Very useful for storing a wide variety of items and easy to store one on top of the other. They are very well made and seem to last the test of time.
on 12 May 2013
Now that I have one, I want to fill up my kitchen with these things. So perfect! I bought it to hold the bread from my Panasonic bread machine, and it fits just right. Sturdy, locks closed perfectly, and doesn't warp in the dishwasher. Exactly what I needed. Planning to throw out all the awful plasticware I've gathered over the years where the lids don't stay on properly or they've gone weird in the dishwasher and replace them with Lock & Lock containers.
on 12 June 2017
Love this brand and containers. A must have for your kitchen or anywhere in the household.
on 7 August 2017
Absolutely not airtight. Leaks under the slightest pressure from all sides.
on 4 May 2017
great stores my home made loaves of bread perfectly.
on 4 March 2017
Great storage containers! The 3.9l one holds 3kg ofpeanut m&ms...just so you know...