- Prime Student members get 10% off Books. Enter code STUDENT10 at checkout. Enter code STUDENT10 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Local Education Paperback – 1 Sep 1994
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"...a landmark book..." -Times Educational Supplement "At a time when policy changes require adult and youth work to achieve a greater mutual understanding than in the past,this book offers an invaluable guidebook to the persistent values of democracy common to both. It will be useful reading for policy-makers,managers and trainers at all levels." - Open Learning
Drawing upon the experiences of adult and community educators, youth and community workers, Mark Smith examines the practice of educators who build up ways of working with local networks and cultures. He offers a rigorous analysis of the subtle and difficult activity of intervening in other peoples' lives, of conversing with purpose and of engaging with people to broaden opportunity and to effect change in their lives and communities.
Top customer reviews