- Paperback: 188 pages
- Publisher: Windhorse Publications (8 July 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1899579648
- ISBN-13: 978-1899579648
- Product Dimensions: 13.7 x 1.3 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 616,665 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Living with Kindness: The Buddha's Teaching on Metta Paperback – Abridged, Audiobook, Box set
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This book will help both Buddhists and people of other faiths to come to a deeper understanding of the true significance of kindness as a way of life and a way of meditation. --Pure Land Notes, 2004
About the Author
Sangharakshita was born Dennis Lingwood in South London in 1925. Largely self-education, he developed an interest in the cultures and philosophies of Asia early on and realized that he was a Buddhist at the age of sixteen. After 20 years in India, following he returned to England and established the Friends of the Western Buddhist Order (1967) and the Western Buddhist Order (1968). A prolific author, his titles include The Bodhisattva Ideal, A Survey of Buddhism, The Three Jewels and a series of memoirs.