Lives of the Orange Men Paperback – 31 Jul 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Lives of the Orange Men presents eyewitness reports and primary documents of the Orange Alternative's cultural activism. Their ideological masquerade, predating The Yes Men and Reclaim the Streets, baffled police and stymied the disintegrating regime of General Jaruzelski. What more could anyone ask except to remind readers that there is no freedom without dwarves!" - Greg Sholette, author of Dark Matter: Art and Politics in the Age of Enterprise Culture
"The streets of Wrocław were a magical place to be, once upon a time Communism's melting away in Eastern Europe in 1989 cannot be understood without the Orange Alternative. So listen to Major Fydrych - This book teaches the mystical tongue of the Orange Men and unveils their rites. Long live the dwarves!" - Padraic Kenney, author of A Carnival of Revolution: Central Europe 1989"
About the Author
David French is a senior counsel for the American Center for Law and Justice. A graduate of Harvard Law School and a former lecturer at Cornell Law School, David is a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom, where he served as Squadron Judge Advocate for the Second Squadron, Third Armored Cavalry Regiment ( Sabre Squadron ) during the Surge in Iraq in 2007 and 2008. He was awarded the Bronze Star in September 2008.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Biography > Political
- Books > History > Political History
- Books > History > Social & Economic History > Protest & Reform
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Civil Liberties & Political Activism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Press & Journalism