on 22 March 2008
I was very pleased to see this superb book being re-issued, especially in hard back. My old soft back copy has become worn over the years and i looked forward to my delivery. However, i was to be very disappointed. The photographic reproduction is nothing short of terrible. Unless the printers re-issue this book on the basis of poor images i wouldn't bother purchasing it. To say i am disappointed is an under statement.
on 9 May 2012
An excellent book with far more detail than I have seen before.

My great uncle was in the 20th Service Battalion. He died in the first big "push" in the Battle of the Somme aged 19 1/2 years. R.I.P.
on 15 August 2014
My great uncle W J Lock was a Liverpool Pal with the 18th. He died1/7/16 body not found so his name is on Thiepval Memorial. Pier and face 1D 8B and 8c. His service number 24652. Reading this book made me think a lot more of what those guys went through I also had 2 other great uncles who were in the Cheshire reg Alfred & Frank Kent. Both died in action. Many thanks J Burford.
on 24 March 2014
The information inside the book is excellent but, as another purchaser commented, the photos are not very clear compared with the paperback version I previously borrowed from my local library.
This is a fault of the publisher not the author.
on 16 April 2014
Bought the book because of family relatives having served in the 17th Liverpool Pals. Very helpful in filling in how the battalion was formed and it's part in WW1, including the training phases and locations of the battalion. Helped with our family research.
on 21 August 2012
The book was advertised as a slight second and the price was less than half of the normal retail price. However I was unable to find any fault with the book which was brand new. I was very pleased with this purchase and would recommend the seller
on 25 July 2016
A very illuminating book, it has explained the circumstances of how the Liverpooll Pals were mustered and the events & conditions they fought & died in. My father was named after his Uncle who was killed in the August 1916 'push'!
on 5 April 2016
This is where the 'pals battalion' originated. 4 Battalions of men from Liverpool. An in depth look at how they were raised and followed then till the end. Well recommended
on 18 February 2013
this is a great book, my great grandad was one of the liverpool pals what an amazing, eye opening read
on 26 May 2015
Great Product Quick Delivery, and good Price. Will purchase again from this supplier.