Learn more Download now Shop now Pre-order now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 3 March 2017
I found this book very moving and thought provoking and difficult to put down although I did not find it quite as compelling as the other two books in the series. The author has a wonderful way of really involving the reader and helping them to see and sympathise with the injustices that she suffered not only from the cruel systems and prejudices of the time but also from her family to whom she was nearly invisible as a person with human needs of love, appreciation and material things. It also made me deeply appreciative of my life in contrast to hers.
on 18 January 2018
Excellent books by Helen Forrester but don't read to cheer yourself up. They certainly do not portray her life as anything other than desperate.
on 25 May 2017
great read
on 18 December 2017
Enjoyed
on 1 May 2017
re read it, loved it! excellent author
on 3 March 2017
The right book and the right price, thank you.
on 1 June 2017
Brlliant!!
on 16 October 2014
Loved it
on 3 March 2006
It is one of the few books I have which I have read over and over again over the last 13 years. I use this book (and the other autobiographies she has written)when I am feeling low as a pick me up. It makes me feel that no matter how bad things are, if Helen and her family can get through what they experienced I should be able to get through anything!
It is extremely well written, descriptive but not excessively so keeping my interest throughout the book. The characters are conveyed very clearly, and her experiences are very vividly written, the lack of soap, bug bites and lack of food and warmth makes you realise how lucky you are!
on 27 June 2000
Fantastic. How this girl lived through all this is amazing, I know that I would have collapsed and died. There was not one book out of the four making the Autobiography that I didn't cry with her.