Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 30 April 2017
Got my dad this and perfect.
on 21 July 2017
#5times
on 30 May 2017
Dvd didn't work when I tried to watch it with my son!
on 25 January 2006
Ever since that historic night in May I have been trying to get my hands on this amazing match. The wait was well worth it. The quality of picture is good, the match is just how I remembered it. Every genuine Kopite needs to get this momento of the greatest ever match in the history of football. The DVD content itself is comprehensive and has snippets of comments from the Liverpool team throughout. The only drawback I found was the comments from the team at half time, saying how they knew that they could turn things round, and virtually saying that they knew the result before the game finished. I know that these comments were added after the game had finished, but for me it was unnecessary and I fast forward this every time I watch it. Mind you the 7 minutes in the second half will be worn out before the rest of the dvd. Overall the dvd is put together well, has all the necessary information any Liverpool fan needs and most of all allows us to enjoy that history making night in May time and time again
on 18 August 2005
Being a Liverpool fan myself, I cannot find the words to describe the emotions felt watching this fantastic CL Final.
Truly a great event and one that I am glad to be able to own and watch many times over thanks to this superb double DVD release.
The presentation of the DVD is perfect and the content is all that a Liverpool fan could ask for.
I have to agree with the comments that the first disc should not show all the goals before the match has even been played. Basically it shows all the moments you're waiting to see.
I also found it annoying that the time, and to a lesser extent the score, is not shown on the screen except on occasion to complement the commentary. Would have been nice to at least have the time shown continuously at the top of the screen.
However, these comments aside, this package is sublime and a must for all fans of the supreme Liverpool FC! YNWA
on 26 July 2006
What a dvd,if you are a liverpool fan then you know what a night this was in istanbul back on may 25th 2005 when liverpool football club who are the greatest team of all time,came back from 3-0 down against ac milan and won the penalty shootout and brought tears streaming down my face,this was also a game that neutrals loved as well,well maybe not man united fans,a jealous breed of fan perhaps!

This dvd has every moment including clips from all of our qualifiers beforehand and the knockout games including when chelsea couldnt deal with us knocking them out in the semi finals.

This is the dvd that you need if you dont own it and say that liverpool are your team,relive all the moments and know that when hamann punched his fist into his hand before he came on as a second half sub that we werent gonna take defeat,this is simply stunning.
on 1 April 2006
Five stars for the five times champions of europe, and also for this fine production.
Granted, if you're not a Liverpool fan, this won't mean much. But for a Liverpool fan this is not just an item you may enjoy, this is a genuinely essential purchase! Relive every glorius moment on the road to Istanbul, and also the not so glorius moments and remember how you felt when Graz won at Anfield, when we went home empty-handed from Monaco and Olympiakos, and how our FIFTH european cup was not so much of a pipe-dream, rather an impossibility that nobody doubted, because nobody had thought it possible. Every single game and goal is shown in this must-have. The stunning comeback against Olympiakos, the Luis Garcia inspired demolition of Bayer Leverkusen home and away, the blitz we gave Juventus in front of the kop, the heroic display from the patched up side in Turin, the goal that never was against the Chelsea in the semi's, and then the full 90, sorry, 120 minutes against Juventus, including THAT six minutes and THAT save.
Add to that all the celebrations and the tour, and I'd be genuinely surpised to find any Liverpool fan who either doesn't own, or doesn't intend to buy this wonderful collection of memories of a night we shall never forget!
on 16 August 2005
Relive it all here. And watch it again if you still don't believe that it actually happened!
From the qualifying round against Graz to the entire final itself, the glorious run to Istanbul is worth watching again and again!
Watch Stevie's goal against Olympiakos in slow motion, Sami Hyypia's stunning volley against Juventus again and again and freeze Luis Garcia's effort against Chelsea to prove just how far over the line it went!
As for the final, I don't want to ruin it for you, but you might want to skip the first half...
on 2 October 2006
There is no real words that could do this DVD any justice. This is a dvd that any reds fan or any fan of football should own to watch again and again to relive that amazing night in Istanbul. This DVD not only shows the agonizing first 45 minutes, the nailbiting second 45 minutes, the "cramp-ridden" extra time, the most amazing penalty shoot-out of champions league history but it also shows the home comming. Its this that really shows just how much it means to the people of Liverpool that their team has conquered Europe. You will feel goosebumps no matter how many times you watch it
on 27 July 2005
For some, there is no forgetting the incredible events in Istanbul one night in May. For others the euphoria surrounding that day needs to be re-lived. Every kick, every tear and every scream reinacted on 2 DVD's of the Mighty Reds' greatest triumph this century. We can laud the tactical genius of our own Rafael Benitez all we like, we will sit in awe of Carragher's heart and determination and Stevie G's drive and technical wizadry. Most of all what I can see and hear over and over again is listening to any given moment of the Red European campaign.
So red or not. Add it to your collection so that the Reds can say we did that and everyone else can either say, "well done," or wail in their despair(jealousy).
Champions League, you're having a larf indeed.