- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 7324 KB
- Print Length: 248 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0996176160
- Publisher: Parajunkee Publishing (13 Oct. 2015)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B015TXPO58
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #171,086 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£9.13|
Save £7.03 (77%)
Live (NOLA Zombie Book 3) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Live (NOLA Zombie Book 3) for me was a disappointment and I hated it to so much that I couldn't get through it and skipped a big chunk of the book. Here are my issues with book 3:
1) I hated going back and forth between Alexis, Blake, and Zach's perspective. The going back and forth at times you'd forget who you were reading, when it came to Blake and Zach.
2) The Cliff Hanger in Run for me ended in a WTF /OMG moment. I was so excited to find out what happened next and in book two I was not disappointed. I ended up loving Zach, and was a Team Zach girl. When Blake came back, I was loving that love triangle thing. I can understand Alexis being conflicted about the two even though Blake left her. I can understand even the feeling of wanting both, but the twist of the threesome turned me off but in #2 it never came to fruition. So now in Live throughout the ordeal of Alexis being kidnapped, you go back and forth between Blake and Zach pining for Alexis, hoping to get her back, and thinking about their orgy once they got her back. To me this threesome thing really doesn't thrill me, it really does sort of gross me out. The thought of Alexis being intimate with Zach and Blake at the same time, sharing her, all exchanging bodily fluids ( not sure how to describe it) just sort of grosses me out and makes me dislike Alexis. Pick one, or split the days even, but just together, is a yuck for me. I guess I'm not that hip.
3.) Alexis ordeal seemed unrealistic. Not that I'd want something bad to happen, especially the thought of rape is horrible for anyone. But you have an author that is describing these ordeals going on through out Alexis' multiple kidnapping situations and then she is just that lucky. I'm glad she wasn't but I think that the whole duration of kidnappings then should have been reduced. I hated those parts.
I guess I just hated this book in general. I was really disappointed with the way this turned out and by the author's writing choices. I really am torn about future books from Ms. Zane. For sure if there is another NOLA book, I'll skip. I don't want to continue reading all about their orgies and eventually Zach or Blake will die. Probably Zach. That's my prediction unless the author happens to read this and changes her mind. LOL
To this day, my all time favorite Zombie books are the Until The End of the World series by Sarah Lyons. First book was really good, but her second and ultimately her third and last installment was amazing. No curse of the third book there.
Zach and Blake know what’s going on shortly after it happens, but it’s night time. It takes them some time to follow and now they are on a hunt for the woman they both love. At times they are way to patient for my liking and at others they are at each other’s throat for what has happened. Blake blames himself for bringing in Clara and well, Zach isn’t to blame as much other than not protecting Alexis. The men create a team and go to get their woman back.
A lot happens and a lot of what you think will happen doesn’t. So don’t go into this one thinking you know what will happen because Zane keeps us guessing. There is a jerky feel to what is going on in the narration. Each chapter is from a new perspective of one of the three: Alexis, Zach or Blake. Alexis’s view was pretty easy to follow because she isn’t with the other two. Zach or Blake I found myself back tracking to the beginning of each to re-affirm who’s perspective I was reading.
The heat factor for sexy times takes a back seat for the first three-fourths of the book as I would expect. Times aren’t good and the situation doesn’t call for sexy times. Unless the guys are going to use their hands or each other, which they don’t. Alexis is in a bad situation of being the MC President’s Property. I can’t tell you what happens, but it isn’t pleasant no matter what happens.
This story does end the Alexis, Blake and Zach triangle. No cliffhangers, but still there were some unresolved issues. I am hoping to see them taken care of in later books. Some people still need to find love in a zombie infested world. Not the best of times, but then again, finding love helps eliminate the total gut wrenching fear that there isn’t more to life.
A terrific ending to a story arc that I have wanted to read more of after each book. Not everything is wrapped up in a bow (who needs a bow in a zombie apocalypse anyway). No cliffhangers which satisfied me just fine after the last one. People die. People live. People love. That’s what makes the story a great one.
Live is full of action, gloomy times, and finally hot sexy times between the three main characters. But before the HEA for the three can happen you are put through some horrible things like women being sold as sex slaves, violence against those women, and the death of a well-liked member of the group (secondary character). I will let you know that the sexual violence against the women are off the page or little description so it wasn’t hard to read (at least for me).
Now that Alexis’ story is over I’m moving on to another character’s story and see how the series story ARC continues and how Baby gets a HEA (I’m assuming she gets one). If you’re a fan of The Walking Dead but wish there were sexy times ,you should check out this series. It has action, humor, snark and hot guys that know how to wield their tools, both the zombie killing kind and the bedroom kind. Also, there is kick-ass women characters as well.
Then I read the book. I'm still disappointed it's over. But I love this series!!
Blake made it home to S-Island in book 2 #Fight. Alexis and Zach were together and things
But Alexis proposed a solution; they just be together. Black, Zach, and Alexis.
Could the men do it? Could Alexis?
Before anything can happen, crazy Claire decided she was tired of Alexis getting in her way and tries to take her out. In the process both women find their way to a biker camp.
Women are traded for goods. Alexis is kept with the KingPin who is useless.
She comes up with a plan to rescue herself and any other women willing to escape with her.
Blake and Zach are planning too. They need to get their girl back.
Can they do it before she is killed or hurt?
This is another fast paced book, that keeps you on your toes and thinking.
What's going to happen? Can this work?
Alexis was captive for nearly a week and spent most of that time naked or barely clothed. I didn't want anything to happen to her but I found it hard to believe nothing did.
It was even harder for me to believe that immediately after this ordeal she would jump into bed with 2 men.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Romance > New Adult
- Books > Romance > Science Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > New Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic