Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Apr 2008, 17:25:06 BST
O. Barrs says:
In what way could this be Live?

If anyone knows, please tell me, it could just be an error on the picture though...

Would it be help with missions, or just random Online PvP action?

So far we are using the 1-Month Free trial but we need a bit more encouragement before we fork out £40 for 12-Months of it...

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2008, 17:39:57 BST
ico says:
If you look round the internet you should see. Rockstar has gone all out for Xbox Live multiplayer (loads of different types of games with up to 8 players over live, and apparently the whole city / map is utilised) for this episode of GTA. All preview suggest it's going to me a great multiplayer experience so I should imagine it'll be WELL WORTH shelling out for an annual live membership. Have a look on IGN.com as they have lots of GTA 4 info'.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2008, 18:29:11 BST
GTAIV features 15 multiplayer modes with up to 16 people playing online in one match. One of the modes is 16 player free roam which is simply an open city for you, your friends and anybody else to use as a playground. Aside from that, there is the traditional deathmatch, team deathmatch and awesome sounding games like Cops and Robbers which involves a team of 8 cops who must find and kill a mafia guy protected by 8 crooks (both cops and robbers being controlled by real people, obviously) and GTA Race which is like traditional racing but it includes the GTA weapons and you can get out and change cars or even carjack another racers car or make a roadblock.

The host of the match has complete control over anything such as what part of the city to spawn in, how many pedestrians if any there are, whether cops are on, what the whether is, time of day... literally everything. This will lead to huge variation on game type and matches. There are also a select few co-op missions which play like standard GTA but with 4-8 of your friends. It certainly sounds worth the money to me, plus with Live gold you can play all your other games online too.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  20 Apr 2008
Latest post:  20 Apr 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about