on 4 July 2013
I had been looking forward to receiving this book in the post, mainly because I'm a proud Mum and my daughter drew the wonderful pictures! But within 15 minutes I had my mixing bowl out and the resulting 'Basic Sweet Scones' were fabulous (and my normal scones have always been a bit iffy). Maybe it's the custard powder or the 'chaffing' - but whatever the magic ingredient - it worked brilliantly. Scrummy. So which ones shall I make next? Becka recommends the Pesto and Chorizo or the Feta, garlic and spring onion!
on 27 February 2014
I was given this book myself as a little extra at christmas, I thought it was just adorable and slightly quirky. I knew immediately that one of my best friends would love it - one of her most favourite foods is a scone. She had a big birthday coming up, so afternoon tea at a rather special place with The Little Book of Scones nicely gift wrapped, win win all round.
on 13 July 2015
I love this little book and the suggested tunes to listen to whilst baking. My family loved the Cherry Bakewell scones and they were lovely and fluffy. With this book I could quite become addicted to baking scones. Can't wait to try the Lemon curd recipe and Chorizo savoury ones. Absolutely delighted.
on 9 October 2017
This is one of the best cookery books I have (and I have lots), it's informative and quirky at the same time. I made the roly poly pudding and the almond and cherry scones on the same day and they were brilliant! I have now bought the book for a friend.
on 13 April 2017
Nice little book but came looking damaged and dirty, which wasn't great as was for a gift. It was sold as a new product.
on 10 February 2016
Interesting and beautiful book but as it is small I found it difficult to read
on 21 June 2017
Delightful little book, I had one bought for me and have sent a new one to my granddaughter, Issie.
Some very tasty savoury recipes as a change from sweet ones which my husband loved with a heart bowl of soup. Love the little musical tips which make me smile.
on 28 October 2017
Interesting cook book, some really good recipes.
on 14 July 2013
I am a bit of a keen baker myself but i must admit I've never been a huge scone fan. Yes it's true, i admit it! After reading this book however, and baking just one recipe I've been converted. This book is adorable. From the illustrations to the quirky little touches, the fabulous recipes and the story of how it all began for Grace and Liam. I will be buying this book as gifts for everyone! Keep up the good work kestrels x
on 2 January 2015
I loved this book so much I purchased five copies last year for Christmas presents, and another five this year - also for very well received pressies. Tried the recipes with much success and have left a copy in the French Alps in my favourite chalet for when we make our annual visit.