The Little Book of Big Management Theories:. . . and how to use them: ... and how to use them Paperback – 15 Nov 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Winner of the ‘Practical Manager’ category at the Chartered Management Institute Management Book of the Year Awards.
The Little Book of Big Management Theories was praised by judges for being relevant, highly readable and refreshing in its approach – useful to experienced and new managers alike. Covering 89 management theories, it provides a summary of each theory, a guide of how to use it and a list of questions to ask, making it an ideal reference book.
Rebecca Taylor, the Dean and Director of Studies at the Open University Business School, explained why the book deserved to win:
“This book was a delight to read and was a highly refreshing approach to the world of management. The ‘big’ ideas have been boiled down into easily-digestible chunks that are perfect either as an introduction or a refresher for the more experienced manager. The personal writing style and lack of preaching makes it a brilliant desk-side companion for a manager of any level, and I highly recommend it.”
From the Back Cover
89 management theories from the world’s best management thinkers – the fast, focussed and express route to success.
As a busy manager, you need solutions to everyday work problems fast. The Little Book of Big Management Theories gives you access to the very best theories and models that every manager should know and be able to use.
Cutting through the waffle and hype, McGrath and Bates concentrate on the theories that really matter to managers day-to-day. Each theory is covered in two pages – telling you what it is, how to use it and the questions you should be asking – so you can immediately apply your new knowledge in the real world.
The Little Book of Big Management Theories will ensure you can:
• Quickly resolve a wide range of practical management problems
• Be a better, more decisive manager who gets the job done
• Better motivate and influence your staff, colleagues and stakeholders
• Improve your standing and demonstrate that you are ready for promotion
All you need to know and how to apply it – in a nutshell.
‘I’ll make sure that every manager in our pharmacy outlets gets a copy of this book.’Manjit Jhooty, Managing Director, Jhoots Pharmacy
‘Every manager should read this book.’
Geoff Round, Chief Executive, Birmingham Civic Housing Association LtdSee all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
To be able to dip into this book and pick up some management tips is such a refreshing change, really impressed and will definitely be looking for the next release from this author.
A really useful tool whether you're already managing, aspire to be a manager or are a student learning about different management theories.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Change Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Human Resources > Human Resources Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Decision Making
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Leadership
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Motivation
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Strategy