on 2 August 2017
I must say, I was sceptical about This, because nothing smells worse than cat poo! But this really works. And honestly you can't smell the car poo once inside.

You open the lid, drop the poo inside. Once all in, pull the handle (trap door type) which drops the poo below and traps it amd seals it. You honestly can't smell it then. I'd say you can safely empty this once a week and not need to worry about it smelling. I have 2 cats and not once have I smelt it. Believe me I'd say. I have received nothing for writing this so I would have said. I had been toying with the idea of this for a while as I had the nappy disposal system and that stunk to high heaven!!! That literally just twisted the bag though. This traps it. Anyway. For anyone considering this.... I'd say go for it. Mot sure how long the refill lasts yet but Will see and I'llcomment back!
13 people found this helpful
on 25 April 2017
I bought this item for my cat who is an indoor cat. I have been looking for something like this for a while and was overjoyed to find one. On average I use one cartridge a month, there are no smells and it is so easy to use. It is not unsightly , no more litter bags in the bin.
I think his is the perfect solution for cat litter cleanup for an indoor cat and would recommend this product 110%.
15 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 October 2016
This has made a massive difference to the time I spend cleaning and changing cat litter.

I have 2 indoor cats and cat litter costs a fortune. Being able to dispose of mess in seconds means the litter stays cleaner for longer and has meant the litter is lasting 3x as long!

The bag system is very clean and easy to use. Just pull it through and knot the bottom. When the locker is full just twist it round use the internal cutter and tie it in a knot.

The bag is very tough and will not split

Edit:
After using the litter locker for a few months now I can honestly say that this has really cut down the time I spend cleaning litter trays.

I really recommend picking up some strong swing bin bags. Take the empty cartridge, open the bag and thread it through. Tuck the open top over the ridge of the cartridge and pop the lid back on.. £££ instantly saved and a roll will last you months.
review image
66 people found this helpful
on 29 January 2018
Bought this at the beginning of Nov, it came with one cartridge which is now only needing replacement. Used everyday on multiple occasions and its saved my nose! Does not leak any smell. Do get a slight whiff when you open the top and you haven't transferred the waste underneath the lever properly, but that's user error. On the odd occasion you do have to shake it whilst the leaver is pulled out which can be a little tricky and its on a tight spring. But i will forgive it for the positive fact there is no smell and I'm not running to the outside bin every day with a fresh batch of smelliness. Even when emptying out the bag once sealed there is no smell. Could do with the bags being coloured rather than see through, but that's a minor issue.
5 people found this helpful
on 6 June 2016
This bin is so useful and surprisingly effective at what it does.

I don't want to flush the cat poop down the toilet as I am concerned of the litter blocking up the drain. With this bin, I can easily deal with the litter from the tray without having to put it in a communal bin that would smell to high heaven after a few day's use - the LitterLocker really does trap the smell!

The mechanism is easy to use, both for day-to-day operation and for changing the bag when it is full. The included cutter is a simple yet very considerate addition that makes cutting the old bag very easy without having to involve any other tools.

The only issue I have had with the bin is that, given how the mechanism holds the bag closed, if I am dropping slightly wetter poop into the bin then it can stick to the side and need a bit of encouragement to drop down. I've found the best way to overcome this is to till the bin forward while pulling open the trapdoor to assist gravity with its work.

I've had it a month now and not yet needed to refill the cartridge so seems to have good longevity to it. I'd happily recommend this product
5 people found this helpful
on 4 March 2017
Love this gadget!! Works exactly as advertised. Easy to use, keeps the smell contained, easy to empty and refill. A single cartridge has lasted us about 6 weeks with 2 cats. Be frugal and really pack the bag and don't leave a lot of extra material after tying the knot.
8 people found this helpful
on 18 September 2016
Absolutely brilliant! It took me a while to work it out, but once I’d got the hang of it and worked out which way the cartridge should go in, it was fine. Tip! when first fitting the cartridge, don’t pull out too much plastic bag. Also when the container at the bottom is full, don’t assume the cartridge has finished too! Cut it off, tie it up again and continue as usual.I wasted far too much plastic on the first one, for one reason or another.
Three improvements could be made: I leave it outside, because it smells even less, but when it rains, the bottom gets water in it. No idea where it gets in, but it does. Could do with some kind of invention to clean the bottom of the scoop before putting it away and the cutter could be a bit more effective.
4 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 November 2017
We have been using this product for some weeks now and it does really work. I have a sensitive nose and my partner hasn’t unfortunately. That’s why I bought this and to be honest the pee smell is so much more reduced! I wish we would have bought this years ago. When my partner cleans the wee corner etc it still smells but at least the smell gets contained once it’s in the LitterLocker. My partner only empties the LitterLocker once it’s filled up as it contains the smells nicely. For me this item was a god sense!
on 7 January 2018
Wished I’d have bought this when we first got the cat! Absolutely no smells whatsoever comes from it. I always scoop the poop into nappy bags before putting into the locker - just as I used to with the kitchen bin. However, the kitchen bin started to stink - hence I thought I’d give this a go. It’s dead easy to use and easy to remove the cartridge etc., and I have no complaints about using it. My kitchen bin doesn’t stink anymore so jobs a good un.
on 27 January 2018
I don’t normally write a review but I am happy to with this product. Excellent. I should have bought one months ago. I bought it because I moved house and do not want my cats to go out as it’s a busier road than where I used to live. I was going through a lot of nappy bags. I read the mixed reviews and thought for the price I would give it a go. I’m very happy. The only thing which is a bit disappointing is the replacement cartridge’s are not cheap. I don’t know how long one will last for two cats yet.