- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Digital Literacies (Research and Resources in Language Teaching) Paperback – 11 Apr 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'This is such a great book- everyone who wants to incorporate digital literacies into their teaching should buy it because they will not want to share it or return it to their library. Mine is already covered in sticky notes.' - Glenda Inverarity, Modern English Teacher
From the Back Cover
Dramatic shifts in our communication landscape have made it crucial for language teaching to go beyond print literacy and encompass the digital literacies which are increasingly central to learners’ personal, social, educational and professional lives. By situating these digital literacies within a clear theoretical framework, this book provides educators and students alike with not just the background for a deeper understanding of these key 21st-century skills, but also the rationale for integrating these skills into classroom practice. This is the first methodology book to address not just why but also how to teach digital literacies in the English language classroom. This book provides:
- A theoretical framework through which to categorise and prioritise digital literacies
- Practical classroom activities to help learners and teachers develop digital literacies in tandem with key language skills
- A thorough analysis of the pedagogical implications of developing digital literacies in teaching practice
- A consideration of exactly how to integrate digital literacies into the English language syllabus
- Suggestions for teachers on how to continue their own professional development through PLNs (Personal Learning Networks), and how to access teacher development opportunities online
This book is ideal for English language teachers and learners of all age groups and levels, academics and students researching digital literacies, and anyone looking to expand their understanding of digital literacies within a teaching framework.
Gavin Dudeney is Director of Technology at The Consultants-E. With over 23 years of EFL teaching and training experience, he is the author of The Internet and the Language Classroom (2000, 2007) and the co-author of How to Teach English with Technology (2007) and Learning English as a Foreign Language for Dummies (2009).
Nicky Hockly is Director of Pedagogy at The Consultants-E. With over 25 years of EFL teaching and training experience, she is the author of Webinars: A cookbook for educators (2012), and the co-author of How to Teach English with Technology (2007), Learning English as a Foreign Language for Dummies (2009), and Teaching Online (2010).
Mark Pegrum is an associate professor in the Faculty of Education at The University of Western Australia. He teaches in Perth, Hong Kong and Singapore in the areas of e-learning and mobile learning. He is the author of From Blogs to Bombs: The future of digital technologies in education (2009) and the co-editor of Brave New Classrooms: democratic education and the internet (2007).
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Cognition & Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Reference > Language
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Kids
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Human Geography
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Reference