- Also check our best rated Wifi Router reviews
Linksys by Cisco WAG54GS Wireless-G ADSL Modem Router with SpeedBooster
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- All-in-one solution for Internet connectivity
- Blazing fast connection to the Internet
- Share files, printers, hard drive space and other resources
- Built-in Wireless-G (802.11g) Access Point allows up to 32 wireless devices
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Linksys Wireless-G ADSL Gateway with SpeedBooster 802.11g
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Then I thought I'd give it one last chance, and rang Linksys Tech. Support 0800 026 1418, and a very nice man, from just outside Mumbai, spent 10 minutes talking me through setting it up again, including the security. Now I think it's the best thing since "Sliced Bread".
I originally reviewed the Linksys WAG54GS above about two years ago. My first WAG54GS is still working fine. I did have a problem with the second one, which I bought for my partner, but that was a re-furbished one from eBay, the replacement, from Linksys, has been working well for two years. I had become so dependent on my one that I bought a spare, just in case. Last week I gave that spare to a friend and have just bought a fourth. I had saved my settings as a file, on my pen drive, and restored those settings to my new WAG54GS. The whole thing was up and running and talking to my laptop, wirelessly, in under two minutes.
The golden rules
1. Don't install the Linksys software, use Windows to look after the wireless side of things
2. Don't press the security button above the power button.
3. If you do have problems, make sure there is no noise on you phone line, and that all the required ADSL filters are fitted.
4. Lastly, if you are not technically minded or get stuck, ring:
Linksys Tech. Support 0800 026 1418
You can connect wirelessly to it and use it to access computers on the LAN, but DSL becomes unavailable, and even the web-based setup page cannot be reached by wireless or the router ports. On one or two occasions it has needed to be left switched off for 10 or 15 minutes (presumably to cool down) before it will boot up again.
Needless to say I have finally lost patience with it and have ordered a Netgear. I suppose it may come in useful as a backup if the new one ever goes down...
Most recent customer reviews