Linguistic Change in French Hardcover – 4 Sep 1997
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
a very interesting book in which the author shares the fruits of a long and distinguished career of research and reflection on the French language ... this is one of the most interesting and thought-provoking books on the linguistic history of French to have been published in recent years, a real tour de force. (William J. Ashby, Journal of French Language Studies)
About the Author
Professor Rebecca Posner has been Professor of Romance Languages, University of Oxford and a Fellow of St Hugh's College since 1978. She was made Professor Emeritus in 1996. Previous to this, she was Professor of Romance Languages, University of Ghana, 196365; Reader in Language, University of York, 196578; Visiting Professor of Romance Philology, Columbia University, 197172; and Visiting Senior Fellow, Princeton University, 1983.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Languages
- Books > Reference > Language
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Historical & Comparative Linguistics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Semantics