LightWave V9 Texturing (Wordware Game and Graphics Library) Paperback – 1 Mar 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Again, shipping was faster than expected.
Easy and interesting!!
Well that being said I now see that Lightwave has gained progress by leaps and bounds and I have been trying to catch up for about 2 years now. Texturing has always been my weak point in Lightwave and I am now using it to earn some income so I needed to get up to speed on texturing so I bought this book.
First problem I noticed is that all the pictures of screen grabs are so dark you can hardly make out what's on them. Many of the screens showing examples of settings can't even be read they are so dark and lacking contrast.
It also has comparison example pictures to show the difference from setting to setting but truth is many of them look identical since they are small and printed all in dark gray.
Now the explanations may make sense to someone up-to-speed on most of Lightwave's features but he does not give any real world examples of how or why settings do what they do. As I mentioned I am not an expert on surfacing but I am also not new to it and this book makes me feel lost which is the opposite of what a well written book should do.
Have I gained any knowledge from the book? Yes, but very little, even though I learn more and more on my own and web and then go back to the book for guidance. In my mind it's written more for a person with a coders or programmers mind rather than an artists mind.
End result is I wish I had never purchased this book. I would change that to less dislike if the pictures were readable.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > PC & Video Games
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Games
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation