Light and Matter: Electromagnetism, Optics, Spectroscopy and Lasers Paperback – 21 Jul 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Light and Matter: Electromagnetism, Optics, Spectroscopy and Lasers provides comprehensive coverage of the interaction of light and matter and resulting outcomes. Covering theory, practical consequencies and applications, this modern text serves to bridge the gap between electromagnetism, optics, spectroscopy and lasers. The book introduces the reader to the nature of light, explanes key procedures which occur as light travels through matter and delves into the effects and applications, exploring spectroscopy, lasers, nonlinear optics, fiber optics, quantum optics and light scattering. Extensive examples ensure clarity of meaning while the dynamic structure allows sections to be studies independently of one another. covers both fundamentals and applications features numerous examples dynamic structure allows sections to be studied independently of one another in depth coverage of modern topics. This is an essential text for students of electromagnetism and optics, optoelectronics and lasers, quantum electronics spectroscopy, as well as being an invaluable reference for researches.
About the Author
Yehuda Band – Ben–Gurion University, Israel
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Electronics Engineering > Applied Optics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Atomic & Molecular
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Electromagnetism
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Light, Optics & Laser
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics