on 10 August 2010
I've been having a job finding any shops that sell these in the UK. Finally found here on amazon. Thought I'd add a review since these are so effective at keeping mozzies out. It says to burn outside - but I have to admit, after trying lots of things for my bedroom (where I've been getting bitten to pieces every summer!) I burn these indoors, in my bedroom and by the window. I know it says to burn outside - but I had to find something because I seem to be getting a bad reaction to the bites this year and it disrupts a good nights sleep.
These things work better than anything else I have tried. I've tried the plug ins, and I think they work ok, but I have trouble finding a plug in my room that I can use - even so, when I did use them, I still had some mozzies. These coils though, when I burn them in the holder by my window, I seem to have a mosquito free zone and a good nights sleep. I recommend them.

UPDATE: Oct 2012..
Although I have no problem with the smoke (I only need to burn a few inches of a coil, not much is needed) we discovered that my partner couldn't handle it.. So, SOME people might have sensitivity to the smoke. These things are designed for using outside, where they work equally well btw.. but burning inside means putting them right next to a cracked/open window.
Probably shouldn't put this here, but the 'Jungle formula plug in's' are now my ultimate 1st choice after trying lots of things.. You'll need an adapter plug for them, they have the European 2 prong plug - there are UK to EU adapters for a few quid here on amazon.. :) (They're very good & no smoke or smell)
53 people found this helpful
|44 Comments|Report abuse
on 10 August 2014
I love anything that helps to keep mozzies/midges and any flying bugs at bay, these have a slight citronella smell and are slightly perfumy with the added bonus of some insecticide mixed in but are only for OUTDOOR use and should not be used indoors unlike some of the other citronella coils, it comes with 2 metal stands that you slot into the slot at the centre of the coil that is after you very delicately separate the 2 coils apart even if you are gentle the coils are fragile and do break very easily. a whole coil can burn for up to 8 hours, I personally would invest in a coil burning tin or use one that comes with another type of citronella coil that you can buy on Amazon as the spikes to me are basic and look unstable and there is nothing to collect the hot falling ash.
One person found this helpful
on 28 November 2017
Perfect for mosquitos but also wasps which where we were staying were more of an issue in the end. The coils kept the wasps at bay and allowed us to sit outside for meals.
on 12 March 2018
A product that’s been around for years. I was in the Amazon last year jurying the rainy season mosque heaven and it worked. So a must have
on 17 April 2018
they work but are very toxic don't leive on for more than an hour or you'll choke and don't use in the same room as kids are
on 18 September 2017
Absolute life saver... took on a two week holiday to the Caribbean and myself and little one really slept easy. Real thing, my only downfall is that they really do break too easy then really can't be used. Without DIY .
on 3 April 2018
The item arrived promptly, and I personally found this product helpful and does as says.
on 21 December 2017
They snap when you’re trying to separate them but once you get the knack it’s not too bad. Not entirely convinced they were effective as repellents...
on 31 December 2017
Keep mosquitoes away and perfect for outdoor and sitting on the decking
on 23 May 2015
These definitely work . These are the second lot I have brought and are ideal for putting under the tables if you sit out at night on holidays. I have also left them burning all night in the rooms , they are safe and keep the bugs away
One person found this helpful