Lifelong Learning: Concepts and Contexts Paperback – 5 Jul 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'Sutherland and Crowther's volume largely succeeds in placing itself in current political and educational developments by inviting a range of well-known and new authors to contribute to the volume... All of those involved in lifelong learning, however defined, will want to get hold of a copy of this book.' --Journal of Adult and Continuing Education
"This thoughtful and carefully organized collection of essays can serve as a text for university students of lifelong learning to explore both philosophical underpinnings of lifelong learning and its realities in everday life. It is also valuable to those of us who practice daily in the domain of lifelong learning, inspiring us to lift our heads from the technical rationality of planning, organizing, and delivering programs to reflect on our goals and methods, to recognize the paradoxes that shape our work, and to revitalize our dreams of a better world."--Linda MacDonald, Canadian Journal of University Continuing Education (Spring 2009), Vol. 35, No. 1: 63-66
About the Author
University of Edinburgh, UK University of Stirling, UK
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Adult & Continuing Education > Adult Guidance & Handbooks
- Books > Reference > Writing > Journalism
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Press & Journalism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology