- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Life Together and Prayerbook of the Bible: Volume 5 (Dietrich Bonhoeffer Works) Paperback – 2 Feb 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Dietrich Bonhoeffer Works, Volume 5A classic of Christian spirituality. In this theological interpretation of the Psalms, Bonhoeffer describes the moods of an individual's relationship with God and also the turns of love and heartbreak, of joy and sorrow that are themselves the Christian community's path to God.Dietrich Bonhoeffer Works, a sixteen volume series, offers a fresh, critical translation of Bonhoeffer's writings, with introductions, annotations, and interpretation. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Dietrich Bonhoeffer (1906-1945) was a German pastor and theologian whose striking theological journey and public witness against the Nazi regime led to worldwide fame after his death in 1945.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
The content ranges widely--from the intensely practical, to the elegantly theological, and on to the somewhat esoteric philosophical. With such breadth, I am surprised that so many people have found it beneficial. It is not easy reading in most parts, and its highly specific context (a seminary community experience was in Bonhoeffer's mind when he wrote it) means that a reader may have to do some work to determine how the principles apply to his/her own particular circumstances of Christian church or community.
Yet somehow his words have appealed to many.
I appreciate his brilliance, and his commitment to the church, his exaltation of community as an inherent aspect of the Christian life. And to this end, "Life Together" is indeed an inspiring read.
(This review is only for the "Life Together" portion of this book.)
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Bonhoeffer's wisdom is quite apparent as he delineates the manner in which the Body of Christ--locally, in particular--needs to operate to be of best use to God. When we see each other through God's eyes and through the filter of "this is someone Christ has died to save", we are more likely to relate as the Holy Spirit leads rather than through strength of personality or coercion.
Bonhoeffer challenges us to live lives that can only accomplished by the power of the Spirit.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Reference
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Protestant
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Theology
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Worship & Devotion > Prayerbooks & Hymnals > Prayerbooks
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism > Sacred Writings > Hebrew Bible (Old Testament)
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Prayerbooks