- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
The Life of Thomas E. Scrutton Hardcover – 26 Sep 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'… admirers of Scrutton … have reason to be grateful to David Foxton for producing a close and rigorous assessment of Scrutton's life … The Life of Thomas E. Scrutton is well written, thoroughly researched and … can be most warmly recommended.' Roderick Munday, The Cambridge Law Journal
'Mr Foxton's biography shows elegantly and conclusively why Scrutton LJ's impact on the law has been so much greater than that of his forensic and judicial rival, John Hamilton.' Richard Aikens, Lloyd's Maritime and Commercial Law Quarterly
This biography of one of England's greatest judges recounts his involvement as barrister, campaigner and judge in key controversies of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries - the Irish question, the overreaching of executive power in the Great War and the Anglo-Irish War, and his enduring contribution to commercial law.See all Product description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Military
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Legal
- Books > Biography > Political > Britain
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain