A Life Decoded: My Genome---my Life Audio CD – Audiobook, CD, Unabridged
|New from||Used from|
|Audio CD, Audiobook, CD, Unabridged||
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A leading genomic research scientist traces his lackluster education and military service in Vietnam before discovering his interest in scientific pursuits, his early achievements at the National Institutes of Health, and his sequencing of the first genome.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I enjoyed the book. It was interesting to hear about his life story and how he ended up being one of the leading scientists in the human genome project. It is also interesting to me as someone working on his Ph.D to learn about all the politics that occur in science.
My dad read this book as well, and didn't like it as much. He thought Craig was a bit too arrogaunt, a common complaint about Dr. Venter. Anyhow, still very interesting. Considering Dr. Venter's recent breakthroughs in synthetic biology, I am sure he will continue to be a leader in science.
The audio book version was well read and easy to listen to as well.
After listening to this, I am seriously considering contacting him - to do work in clinical genomics.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Science, Mathematics & Technology > Engineering
- Books > Biography > Science, Mathematics & Technology > Science
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > History of Engineering & Technology
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > History of Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Genetics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Human Biology