Life in Cartoon Motion
|Price:||£3.48 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
MIKA Life In Cartoon Motion (2007 UK 12-track enhanced CD album - the debut album from the Beirut born 23-year old virtuoso including the singles Grace Kelly Love Today Big Girl [You Are Beautiful] & Happy Ending plus exclusive CD-Rom material picture sleeve in a hype stickered super jewel box)
The pop world might be all cooing 'n' cross-eyed over this flamboyant elfin with extended tail-feathers, as if it were shaken suddenly from a slumber, but the arrival of such a character was in fact always inevitable. He's an unlikely but traceable amalgamation of random pop culture explosions from the past few years--two parts Paulo Nutini, one part Kemal from Big Brother, a dash of Daphne & Celeste, a barrel measure of Scissor Sisters, and another pinch of post-ironic dancing to Elton John at the Students' Union gone midnight. It's no secret that the UK has a weakness for pretty-boy singer songwriters either--he fits in there too, in that he's about to stick its index finger in the socket and pour it a drink.
Give it 12 months and you might be taking out a restraining order--Mika will split opinion--but his quasi-soul falsetto is unbelievable, that much is immediately obvious. There are moments nearing syrupy Feeling-esque normalcy (take "My Interpretation"), but those aside its high camp insatiability all the way. Theres a hint of Freddie Mercurys theatricality in the voice, and in "Big Girl" he's even written a modern day "Fat Bottomed Girls". "Lollipop" is Jake Shears leading the Jackson 5, "Love Today" is the missing link between the Bee Gees and Village People and "Relax, Take It Easy" is a chilled Pet Shop Boys in gold lamé. Too cheesy to be a classic, perhaps, but this is just the brand of subversive eccentricity Robbie has failed miserably to achieve over his past few albums. --James BerrySee all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
1. Grace Kelly - If you haven't heard this song yet, where have you been? Straight in at number 1 in the charts on downloads alone before the single had even been released on CD, this bouncy number delivers on a number of levels. There is the obvious Scissor-Sisters strain which everyone has been picking up on, and yet, tucked away (and referenced within the song itself) in the background there is not just a hint of Freddie Mercury-style piano punching. A great opener to the album.
2. Lollipop - A simple refrain from the beginning finds its way easily into your head, and before the song has even finished its first play, you are singing along to the chorus asking yourself how you know the lyrics! If "Love's gonna get you down" then you'll really get down to this song!
3. My Interpretation - A soft starting ballad with some wonderful chord changes which keep the song fresh time after time. Mika shows how he doesn't always have to sing in his upper registers to sound great. In sections could even be a Robbie Williams hit.
4. Love Today - "You've got to love, love me".. A techno-pop-funk hit with strains of Scissor Sisters (although I hate comparing him against SS, on times it cannot be helped) which is sure to make this a hit. One of the most likely songs on the album to be released as a single.
5.Read more ›
I've also noticed that the opening bars of Relax, Take It Easy seem to be very reminiscent of the tune to Cutting Crew's "I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight". Go on - sing along and see what I mean!!
That said, I love his style and think he could have a good future ahead of him. Buy it now!!
Grace Kelly is fabulous but the rest of the album so lives up to its Hype.
All the songs are funky and so so catchy. This guy has such a great range highlighted in the beautiful love song Happy Ending, which if released will surely be huge.
Mixed in with such fab tunes as My Interpretation, Big Girl (you are beautiful)and Lollipop which is ridiculous but fantastic.
Get this album... this guy is gonna be huge!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very good performance - Conforms to comment - serious seller and recommendedPublished 3 months ago by Gérald deguitre
One for the car. Arrived quickly and it's a jolly sing along CD for long car journeys.Published 4 months ago by C25