VINE VOICEon 17 April 2014
OK so this is not the fastest card out there but it is great value for the price. I use it with a Nikon D800, it will hold 400 images at full Quality RAW settings. I have been using the card for a while now and the speed only becomes an issue when taking a lot of photos in high speed burst mode. I now have 2, they are reliable and fast enough for what I need, very recommended.
on 5 October 2015
I use it in a Canon 5D Mk3 and also in a 5D Mk1 - its plenty fast enough and I have never had the slightest problem with it,
on 6 April 2017
Always used Lexar. It is very fast and never fails.
on 9 June 2017
Works as expected
on 22 November 2014
Very fast. Good value and so far (judging from the ones we have already) reliable
on 21 October 2016
great speed
on 10 February 2013
Five years ago, I bought my first DSLR, an Olympus E-510. Along with the E-510, I bought two cheap Lexar 4gb cards. Even now, about 30,000 shots later, they're still ticking along without errors or any sort of fuss. They've never missed a beat. I've trusted them with days of wildlife shots, airshows and weddings, as well as temperatures at both high and low extremes.

Fast forward to this year, when I decided to purchase a Canon 7D. My experience with Lexar cards led me to this purchase....and it was a good choice.

The card is lightning fast. I've shot a lot in burst mode and have yet to encounter any sort of irritating buffering issues. Sure, a lot of this is probably down to the 7D, but the card has an important part to play......a part that it's played perfectly so far.

For the price, this really is worth a go
22 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 April 2013
I used cheaper brands rated at the same nominal speed or 600x and all have failed in my Canon XF305 video camera. Truly 100% reliable and performs or betters the rated speed on the card.
Have used Lexar cards for many years in my role a s a professional photographer and they have never let me down. The recovery software works well and have used it after accidentally deleting files. The software also works on any drive, even on a PC.

They do cost a bit more but don't be tempted to buy cheaper on the web unless you can trust the seller 100% offers only genuine Lexar goods. Many on other sites are fakes.

Careful where you buy memory - but this is the real deal.
on 3 June 2014
I bought this for my 5Diii

I wanted fast speeds but didn't want to pay a huge amount (yet) I felt the 800x was an excellent compromise from the much more expensive 1000x. It is rare I need a fast card as I mainly photograph landscape.

The 5Diii on drive mode (6fps) will output around 144mb-ish a second, a little more than this card can write. none the less i was able to reach 22 / 23 consecutive shots (100iso) before needing to clear the buffer, a considerable improvement. That equates to 3.6 seconds of continuous shooting for 22 shots - a colossal amount of time, for me at least.

I would say this is a great card for casual sports on a camera which outputs similar file size and speed, or for bracketing panoramas etc.
on 1 September 2014
I use LEXAR Professional CF Cards in my hobby of wildlife photography - mostly on safari in Africa (Botswana, Namibia, South Africa and Zambia). The cards cope admirably with the problems of humidity and heat and have proved to be very reliable in this environment which is why I continue to use, and recommend, them.