Letters To My Grandchildren Paperback – 3 Jun 2010
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"There is a portrait here of a good man whose extraordinary enthusiasm for the world is both incredibly undiminished and endearing" (The Times)
"A charming introduction to Benn's work" (Socialist Review)
"Inspiring and tremendously moving" (Good Book Guide)
"There is a passion in Benn's writing and speaking that far transcends the miserable aspirations of most contemporary politicians" (Paul Foot The Guardian)
'There is a passion in Benn's writing and speaking that far transcends the miserable aspirations of most contemporary politicians' Paul Foot, GuardianSee all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Jamali Blair, aged 11
I am even and more convinced this man is right and even ahead of his time.
The advice to his grand children and those who read this book is sane,inspiring, encouraging and may even improve/save our society. Here Tony Benn suggests we accept all creeds, nationalities and those with different sexuality with open arms, he tells us why.
He writes of his personal faith, which is not attached to the established church. His commitment to animal welfare through anti vivisection stance is explained here. He is also a vegetarian and explains how this simple act by each person could help provide food for the poorer countries through more grain being available.
He believes the Internet has opened up the world and is a powerful political tool that can effect change for the good.
The book is a wonderful read for those interested in changing society and our world for the better, who need a boost.
His letters make you think about what a mess we are in, but he gives you leads as to how we might redeem ourselves.
Should be required reading for all teenagers.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is such a lovely book which is both educational and compassionate. I can only imagine that he was an amazing grandfather!!Published 10 days ago by Alison
Whether or not you are aligned to Benn's politics, his sense of history, wisdom and social responsibility would move all with a brain, conscience and heartPublished 7 months ago by pamela gawler-wright
This is my first experience of reading Tony Benn - Great Book a treasure of knowledge.Published 10 months ago by vengadan swaminathan
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Military
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Political > Britain
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > History > Political History > Politicians
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Political Science