Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£8.95|
Save £4.96 (55%)
Lethal Circuit: A Michael Chase Spy Thriller (Circuit Series Book 1) Kindle Edition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Most parts of the book are very well-written and each character is able to captivate you and hold your attention. But there are also many sections in the book which appear rushed as if the writer ran out of words / descriptions. I did love the fact that the writer drew on his personal experiences to bring the book to life. It made most pages almost real.
In so many ways, this book was like the fresh, cutting edge style of Jason Bourne who crosses paths with James Bond and I could have almost loved it. But then, we're back to the cover ... so ...
Would I recommend this read? If the symbol is removed, then maybe. If not, not really.
Offensive content?: PG13 to PG15 mostly for descriptive scenes that younger children may feel uncomfortable with.
Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author through Orangeberry Book Tours. I did not receive any payment in exchange for this review nor was I obliged to write a positive one.
The foreign locations, Michael & Kate's relationship and the element of mystery. To be honest, it was the foreign locations that actually kept it going for me. The mystery and thriller parts came were very cliche and the writing style seemed forced.
Favourite character(s) ...
Michael Chase, of course. He seems driven by the intense need to get to the bottom of his father's death. He is strong in so many ways and yet, you feel as if he needs someone (this is where Kate comes in) to keep him going.
Favourite location / setting ...
Haven't decided between Hong Kong and Yengshao. But both locations are given adequate descriptions.
Favourite scene ....
When Ted and Michael are talking about Michael's father. It seemed a bit sad and yet this is where most of the mystery unfolds.
Favourite quote ... It didn't matter how good you were, it didn't matter how much you practiced, without that will, without that raw determination to put the other guy down, none of it was worth anything
Disclosure - I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Simultaneously, a satellite with the power to wipe out a very large area indeed is currently locked onto an uncontrollable collision course with the East Coast of the USA. Michael must find a way of stopping the satellite by finding the details of the missing aircraft technology, and along the way discover exactly who he father was and what happened to to him - including if he is still alive or not.
Promising, intriguing and compelling, the praiseworthy accolades unfortunately indicated rather more than what what I felt Lethal Circuit actually managed to deliver. As a regular reader of the thriller genre, Bond and Tom Clancy books in particular, I expected a gripping, exciting and fast paced tale full of twists, turns, shocks and surprises.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good plot intensively combining disjointed historical facts into a believable story. Needs more research into engineering to make it more believable but still a great readPublished on 15 Oct. 2013 by Mr. S. D. Green
bit hard to believe - nice ordinarly off the street backpacker who suddenly becomes a spy, maybe as it was in the genes! Read morePublished on 7 Aug. 2013 by Harry
I really enjoyed this book. Good characters and a good story line. One of those books where I thought to myself "One more chapter" and next minute a few had gone by. Read morePublished on 1 July 2013 by Kolchak
I normally like crime thrillers as a rule but thought I would give this a try. Not really my kind of read. Found it drag on a bit but maybe that's how spy thrillers are.Published on 18 Jun. 2013 by KAY
This is an easy fast paced read. The author did a nice job of intertwining the narrative within the heart of the story. Nice twists in the plot.Published on 1 Jun. 2013 by Robin
The storyline is very good & well composed. I was kept guessing all the way to the end of the book. I will be looking for more novels of a similar vein, by this author.Published on 13 May 2013 by Paul Walker
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Spy Stories
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Thrillers
- Books > Fiction > Adventure Stories & Action
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crime, Thriller & Mystery > Crime Fiction > British & Irish > English
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crime, Thriller & Mystery > Crime Fiction > Heist
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crime, Thriller & Mystery > Crime Fiction > Kidnapping
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crime, Thriller & Mystery > Crime Fiction > Murder
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crime, Thriller & Mystery > Crime Fiction > Organized Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crime, Thriller & Mystery > Crime Fiction > Vigilante Justice
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crime, Thriller & Mystery > Thrillers > Espionage
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Travel