Let the Shadows Speak: Developing Children's Language Through Shadow Puppetry Paperback – 8 Jul 1998
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Shadow puppet theatre has always been used to help bring stories to life, to give characters a voice. The methods may have changed but that power is as strong as ever, claims the author - which makes shadow puppets an effective medium for language development. This book is intended for teachers looking for effective ways to help children express themselves - and to learn. Three plays are provided from pre-school to Key Stage Three for use in classes.
Top customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching Aids & Educational Material
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching of Specific Subjects
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Cognition & Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts > Puppetry
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies