Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 November 2008
I love this album. Well worth the wait. Well done Jason, Beautiful songs. Very Romantic, you have done your fans proud with your new album. I could listen to this album all day. :-)
on 3 November 2008
It's been such a long time since we've heard anything from Jason, and it's been worth the wait. I was a little worried that it was just another covers album, but hearing the first 4 songs it's a reminder of why Sealed With A Kiss was such a success. HIghlights for me are Be My Baby, Let It be Me, Dream Lover and Sealed With A Kiss. I'm not sure whether Dreamboats and Petticoats is a cover, and if it isnt it captures the spirit of the time perfectly. If like me you've been a fan of Jason for years, this is a MUST buy!! Well done Jason!!
on 8 May 2012
I've liked Jason for many years and this outshines all else as not one track do I skip!

I may be the older generation but have to admit there are few other cd's in our vast collection that I listen to all the way through and it is now put with the others selected to enjoy late at night with a tipple!

For me though I would have liked him to include Coat of Many Colours in this selection as it is my favourite of his recordings. It is so relaxing to listen to and helps you to unwind before bedtime.

Jason is of the generation you would not expect to do so much justice to these old classics and I believe he learnt this type of singing on his Fathers' knee as a young boy. I heard his Father was an operatic singer besides also acting in Neighbours and Jason sings this style wonderfully putting some of the old crooners who previously recorded these songs to shame.
on 26 May 2012
My daughter as bought this CD for when it first came out as I'm a big JD fan and I was playing it in the car one evening whiles going to a restaurant with my parents and my daughter my parents asked who was singing I told them and they thought the whole CD was beautiful and they both said it was defiantly something they would listen to, so I decided to get them a little present and bought "Let It Be Me" by Jason Donovan.
on 22 July 2010
Jason Donovan makes a come back. This cd was great, you know all the songs and know Jason can still sing. I enjoyed listening to this one. Well worth having as there are some songs on here you would have never even known you liked some of them this much.
on 21 December 2008
i loved this album, jasons voice sounds more mature and there are some songs written by himself which are excellent. well worth buying
on 25 January 2010
This is a fine but somewhat underwhelming album. It's a fairly safe bet doing a cover's album and Jason pulls it off quite well, even turning out numbers here that rival the originals. He's aided by good musicians and the consistent, easy listening tone makes it an enjoyable cd. These are just plain old covers, nothing much has been changed or updated and it's quite apparent that Jason loves these tracks and he's in fine vocal form here. He's never been an Elvis when it comes to his voice but he's perfectly capable of doing this...and more.

The two original tracks in the end, particularly "All the Words We Don't Say", give sound promise to an album full of original stuff in the near future. As nice as it is having a new Jason Donovan album, a covers album is never the same as one with new stuff.

So on the whole "Let it Be Me" is probably worth three stars but an extra star must be awarded due to the sheer pleasure of having another Jason album, he's always been a guilty favorite in pop music and here's hoping for another one soon...with new stuff.
on 1 November 2010
Jason caught my attention again after I saw him in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert so I thought I'd get the CD and I haven't been disappointed. Years of singing for the stage has brought a maturity to his voice and although most of the songs are covers, he has chosen a great selection for his return.
on 1 July 2009
What a guy,he comes back evertime with something brilliant.Went to see him live in Cardiff last year when he was performing a lot of songs from the new album.It was a fantastic show which both my daughter and I enjoyed.I since purchased the album and the cd is in my car.
on 29 January 2009
I am NOT a Jason Donovan fan, but I heard a snippet of one of his songs on a radio interview and thought - why not give it a whirl! It really is worth listening to and may make you realise he's a fair dinkum singer - never judge a book by it's cover I say.