Top positive review
39 people found this helpful
Good value windows 8 tablet PC
on 28 December 2013
I bought this because I wanted a PC which could be both a PC and a tablet, and I think this is pretty good value (although I did later notice that lenovo on their web site offered it cheaper).
This is an intel atom dual core PC. Its running windows 8 (not RT) so you can install other applications. The screen is good, and the touch worked fine. 2GB ram is enough for most uses. The 64gb eMMC is mounted as a C: drive and gives approx 32gb available.
- Battery life is pretty good.
- unit comes with a host USB cable
- unit comes with a case which has a full size keyboard.
- keyboard is good and performs well.
- You can fold the case over - which disables the keyboard (which is good as it'll be resting on your lap)
- The unit is quite heavy when attached to the keyboard.
- you lose 32gb of the storage to the OS
- usb is located such that you cannot access it when docked to the keyboard.
- its an atom, so not that fast, but pretty good for regular use.
Things I've found out;
- you cannot upgrade to 3G later.
- this is on the windows 8.1 approved devices list.
- to install windows 8.1 there's a lot of updates required before it will offer the upgrade in the store.
- once upgraded you need to specifically upgrade the graphics drivers else you'll probably get the odd corrupt screen, which goes away if you swtich off/on.
- you can upgrade the storage with sd cards.
- to upgrade to windows 8 pro its £100 upgrade, which feels expensive.
- you can connect a monitor via a mini HDMI (although I haven't done this).
Things I would have liked to see;
- would be nice if there was a pen and a place to hold it - sometimes its difficult to select something small with your finger.
- the USB is annoy that is is on the base of the device.
- it would be nice if it could charge from USB. It has to be charged from a proprietary charger which isn't that small.
- i would have liked two cases, one with a keyboard and one without.
For the money as an entry level tablet with a full version of windows 8, this is a good value, and I believe its cheaper than most others on the market right now.