Style: Dustpan Set Long|Change

on 17 September 2013
First of all those reviewers that quibble over the brush size,or the handle length(Halfling) must be using another product.
The brush has a handle that is 34 inches,plus 4 inches for the brush,giving a combined length of 38 inches.How this can be too small I cannot see.The brush head may not be very wide,7 inches(compared to a standard wooden brush) but the bristles are quite stiff( I use it on my haircord carpet)You can angle the brush head to the right or left,which enables you to brush under things.The brush has a hanging loop.The pan handle is 36inches,plus 10inches(depth) of the closed pan,which is 12 inches across side to side.The pan handle has a hanging loop,which has a revolving top, which enables you to hang the pan straight on or sideways.I have no problem opening or closing the pan.The soft lip enables you to sweep dust etc very easily into the pan.The brush handle fits neatly into a clip on the pan handle for easy storage.Someone has certainly thought through the design of this set and I only have praise for it.
on 21 April 2013
I didn't have an issue with the height of the brush and was pleased that the lid of the pan closed well keeping all the dirt etc inside until the pan could be emptied. The lip of the pan, unlike some others I have had in the past, is flush with the floor, which makes sweeping up really easy. Delivery was prompt and the price was good and I would recommend.
on 19 June 2014
This product completely fails to do the one thing it sets out to do i.e sweep up dust due to a fundamental design flaw.
The front lip of the bin that is supposed to rest snuggly on the floor to allow dust to be easily sweep over it and into the back of the pan actually rises up in the middle thus allowing 80% of the sweepings to get sweep under the pan and not into it Useless.
The brush is not stiff enough to be effective either.
on 14 June 2012
I bought this after having a similar but inferior quality product where the pan distorted and I ended up sweeping the dirt straight under it. I was a bit worried about the size of the broom as one reviewer mentioned that the handle was very short and I am 6ft, however I have not had any problem with the brush and I also suffer from back problems. The bush is not very wide but it works perfectly as a dustpan brush and the angled head saves wrist strain. I use a large broom to sweep dirt into piles and then use this to collect them up, it would take you a lot longer to use this brush to sweep the whole floor but it is not really designed for that. It was slightly awkward to empty the first few time but I have now got used to it and have no trouble, my old set was just as awkward to start with too. There is a clip that allows you to lock the pan open when you push the handle right back and this makes emptying much easier. So far a really useful and well made product though I have only had it around 4 months so far.
on 17 July 2016
Despite arriving in a huge box and all protected inside, this product has proved to be quite flimsy. When you're using the brush in one position, it just moves into another so never "does what it's told", which makes sweeping very frustrating. Better off with an old-fashioned broom and dustpan.
on 8 November 2016
I have found this to be a very useful dustpan and brush which I use in the garage as it has a closing flap which allows it to be moved to the dustbin without dropping everything out. Leaves blow in, and the floor gets dusty so the closing lid is more useful than just a broom. I would recommend it, and of course it is perfectly usable indoors, which was probably where it was intended it should be used.
This item is about as professional as me when it comes to assisting with the housework... The brush is little better than a child's toy - they actually boast about its being only 20cm wide - and the slot for accepting the bristles is a bad idea, as another reviewer has already pointed out. The supposed automatic opening of the pan-cover is unreliable, as is its closing. When open, the dustpan handle is vertical, which I find uncomfortable. I would prefer a backward rake.

Its saving graces are the pivoted brush-handle and the rubber-edged base of the dustpan which does indeed sit snugly to the floor to ensure that none goes underneath, and these two aspects as described by other reviewers were my sole reasons for choosing it. But I am left to wonder how long the rubber strip will last.

It does its job, but to describe it as a professional product is a terminological inexactitude.
on 29 June 2016
Love this, it does what it says on the tin and I love that both the brush and dustpan are kept together when not in use by clipping together. I also love the fact that the rubber bit on the dustpan allows everything to be collected in it, so you don't spend ages chasing it around the floor. Good product.
on 7 September 2016
A good unit at a reasonable price, clips together for storing and been used by the scouts so roughly handled and not broken yet
This is a lovely set it helps us greatly at times when we find it difficult to bend down it is made extremely well from high quality materials it works as expected the only thing that was a little bit of a surprise was the size of the brush.
The brush was a little bit smaller than what I was expecting but it still does the job and I would highly recommend this set.