- Platform: Windows XP / Vista
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PC DVD)
|Price:||£6.46 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 transports players to iconic environments from the Harry Potter books and films and introduces a fun, new way of experiencing the magic of Harry Potter through hilarious cutscenes and new to LEGO gameplay elements such as magical building and spell-casting.
- Experience the wonder of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry: attend lessons,interact with the professors, mix potions, fly on broomsticks and complete tasks to collect LEGO studs.
- Players have the freedom to select from over 100 playable characters including Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, as well as many other fan favourites.
- Explore iconic settings from the wizarding world including Diagon Alley, the Forbidden Forest, the village of Hogsmeade and, of course, Hogwarts castle. LEGO Hogwarts is a grand, immersive 3D environment and the largest, most detailed LEGO game location ever built for everyone to explore and enjoy.
- LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 is family friendly gaming at its best. Conjure up fun with a friend and play through Harry's first four years at Hogwarts as a team with easy drop-in/dropout co-op play, online co-op is also available for PlayStation3 and Xbox 360 gamers.
- Nintendo DS gaming features stylus based movement and spell-casting, as well as two-player ad hoc co-op.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Platform: PC | Edition: Standard Edition
Based on the first four Harry Potter books and movies that tell the story of Harry's first four years at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 offers an engaging mix of magical gameplay and light-hearted humour.
As if Harry Potter's adventures weren't magical enough now you can experience his first four years at Hogwarts through the medium of Lego. Similar to the popular Lego Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Batman games you can now control Harry and dozens of other famous characters.
The Grand Staircase makes its debut in Lego form
|Hagrid and Harry explore the Lego version of Diagon Alley|
|Hermione uses ear plugs to handle a Lego mandrake|
|Control dozens of different characters, including Ron|
Each character has their own specialities and abilities, from broomstick riding to a wide range of magic. The most important spell though, which nearly every character can cast, is Wingardium Leviosa which allows you to magically move Lego bricks and build them up into different objects like a wall or a set of stairs.
You'll learn new spells and abilities as you go, mirroring Harry's rise from muggle to master wizard, but the game's a lot less about fighting than the earlier Lego games. Instead the focus is much more on exploration and puzzle-solving, with Hogwarts and the other levels filled with an almost endless supply of secrets to uncover and mysteries to solve.Key Features
- Half term: Relieve all the adventures of the first four Harry Potter books: Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire.
- Who's who: Take control of over 140 Lego-style characters from obvious picks like Harry and Ron to more obscure choices like Hagrid's dog Fang.
- Magic school: Learn new spells as you go and mix potions to help solve puzzles - but be careful not to get the ingredients wrong or you might be turned into a frog or worse.
- Brick master: For the first time you can move individual Lego bricks around and build your own creations using the Wingardium Leviosa spell.
- Team building: Team-up with a friend and play the whole game together, switching characters whenever you want and even playing online on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
This English developer has been around since 1990, often working on movie tie-ins and sequels to already established series. Their biggest critical and commercial success has come from the Lego series of toy and film tie-ins, including Lego Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Batman and Harry Potter.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Excellent tech support (and you most likely will need it). Be sure your machine WELL EXCEEDS the basic hardware requirements required for the game to function properly. I would even recommend that it surpasses recommended hardware specs for a trouble-free gaming experience as this game makes some serious demands on your system if run with all options enabled.
I had many issues and challenges with this game the first weeks after release but have since resolved all challenges I faced both with TT Games support and through personal trial and error. Now it's back to fun and am looking to complete it this weekend.
Incidentally, I am running this on Windows 7 32-bit with 4 GB of RAM on an Intel Dual-Core 1.86 GHz machine. Just make sure that you have a VERY good video card with sufficient power to run this game. Some of the later levels are very graphics intensive and will bog your machine down to crash mode if you do not have sufficient resources.
The two player co-op on PC is very nice as well, with the ability to play with a friend on one computer isn't something you see very often in PC games.
Once I've completed years 1-4 I'll give 5-7 ago!
I first tried this on Windows 7. This worked great, except for the annoying "main executable.exe has failed" error which popped up anytime between 2 and 30 mins of play. So I checked online - I was not the only one to have this problem. As per the advice on some forums, I changed my sound settings, which helped many, but seemed to make mine worse as my average play time was reduced to 5 mins before the dreaded error came up, and I was getting bored of replaying the same bit over and over in the hope of surviving long enough to reach a save point.
Luckily, we have an old XP at home. So, giving up on using Windows 7, I installed it on that instead. Worked like a dream - played for about 2 hours, no problem at all. Until I reached a cut-scene. And it crashed. Wanting to give it the benefit of the doubt (and knowing the XP is quite old now), I decided to restart the computer and reload my save game, played until I reached the cut-scene, and lo and behold, it crashed. Again. So, once again I decided to google this new issue I had found with the game. Was I the only one who couldn't get past this bit? No, I was not. Thanks to the forums, I learned how to change my config file, get some less pleasing aesthetics in the game and finally got past that cut-scene...
...Onto the next level where I decided that I would give up on the game entirely. I eventually needed to put a key in a lock. As I was magically attempting to get it in there, it froze. The music got stuck on a loop. Could I pause the game? No. Use Alt+ F4? No. Alt and Tab? Nope. Task manager? No. Force it to switch off by pressing and holding the off button? No.Read more ›
I felt I needed a Harry Potter fix after the last film and this gives it to me, the graphics are fabulous and the little characters made of Lego are simply genius! I am perhaps a bit to old at 30-something to be playing this game without children but everyone loves Harry Potter right?
Harry Potter Episodes 1-4 is extremly addictive and very entertaining. The puzzles are fun to figure out and the gameplay is outstanding
Like with all Lego games you get to explore your enviroment and can find many fun little additions just to add to the interest
I would highly recommend this game to friends and family of all ages
Now, our PC components are all getting on a bit, but they still exceed the laughably-labelled 'Minimum Requirements'. Don't kid yourself. You're going to need at least a 3GHz dual-core processor, a graphics card less than six months old with 512MB RAM, and 2GB system memory. Don't push the boat out on the Video Settings screen, though - you'll need proper top-end kit to do that.
But fear not, grasshopper: you will be rewarded. I've seen some impressive YouTube videos. With all the graphics settings turned up, it looks nice. However having played the very busy later levels on the Wii (no gorgeous HDR lighting for me, folks), I'd advise turning down the graphics quality settings unless your PC is a beast.
Finally, you're going to need a whole shedload of patience. Yes, this is buggiest, glitchiest, most frustratingly excellent game I've played in 20 years of gaming - it even crashes our Wii, and that takes some serious cajones. All the techie, games, and customer support forums online say the same about the PC version. Based on past experience, Traveller's Tales will take a while to come through with a bug-fixing patch, and they'll probably only release one. So keep checking the game site (which also needs a decent PC just to run the ridiculous HD Flash content). And shed a tear for us console players, who probably can't even get a patch.
Buy it if you dare. You'll have fun. And you'll tear out your hair.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's a port from consoles and so sadly doesn't have the achievements, but still an awesome game.
After years of Steam I got this for my nephew, had some odd issued installing on a Windows 10 PC, saying the disk was full when it definitely wasn't. Read morePublished 4 months ago by S. A. Fry
another quality lego game from TT Games my nephew loves all these lego games and is always asking to play when he comes over easy cheap version of keeping a 3 year old happyPublished 7 months ago by Gordon
The game itself is fine. I'm not getting the annoying bugs and crashes that other people have reported. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Beki
There are a lot of bugs and glitch and i can't go to the next level in this way..Published 20 months ago by Fabio