on 18 January 2012
I bought this I had completed The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the GameCube in my early teens and found the rather advance game difficult to complete and thought I would struggle with the 3DS version as I hadn't played in such a long time. However the 3DS game has been simplified as Zelda is rather well known now and needs to be playable for everybody and not just gamers so the guide hasn't really been necessary. The book itself however is lovely and beautifully illustrated. It is just the original guide to Ocarina of time with 3DS added on the cover though as it says nothing about the extras in the 3DS game (such as the "vision stones" which make the game a lot easier).

I would highly recommended this too someone who hasn't played Zelda before and who's 3DS is in fact their first DS. Even though it's unnecessary for myself I enjoy collecting Zelda related items and love its beautiful design and free poster of Link fighting Ganon which was not originally mentioned in the description.
on 16 July 2013
I would like to firstly point out that this guide is for the 3ds version of zelda and not the n64 version. A few things have changed in the new storyline for the 3ds. You wouldnt notice the adjustments and changes to the story if you have not played zelda on the n64, but no matter. A fabulous guide, complete with beautiful illustrations and detailed explanations of how to make the most of you zelda experience on the 3ds console. A must-have if you are into zelda and are struggling with them game, still a really beautiful book to have anyway if you really appreciate the game. I found this great at helping me personally with the 3ds version, but not the n64 version, that requires a different guide unfortunately, but nevertheless, zelda for the 3ds, an awesome choice of game!!! Well worth buyin if you like zelda and have the ocarina of time version.
on 1 November 2017
Very useful
on 4 December 2014
Great!
on 25 September 2013
Extremely helpful and easy to use! Also mega cheap, bargain! I recommend this for anyone who is dreading them water dungeons!
on 14 August 2011
I am probably one of the oldest gamesters around - am 65. Love these Zelda games but could not possibly get anywhere without the walkthrough. this version has far fewer checklists than the usual Zelda guide but is much easer to understand.
on 10 January 2015
Very Good
on 23 June 2011
When I played through Ocarina at 7, I had an unofficial guide that was just pages and pages of writing, you had to have two people playing just so one could read the guide!

With this guide, being the official one from Prima who have't made a bad guide yet imo, everything is well laid out and colourful and there are maps detailing every section you are in. The walkthrough is laid out step by step with pictures to guide you along.

It details heart pieces and skullutas, as well as tips on the mini games. At the back there is a walkthrough of the Master quest game, a harder version of Ocarina that you unlock when you complete the game the first time.

There is also lists detailing everything you need to know, from fairy fountains and lists of heart pieces, to secrets and the trading game.

This guide is suitable for all players, from the casual player who needs a little extra hint, to the hardcore gamer that has to complete every last thing in the game.

Highly recommended :)
on 17 June 2011
great guide,nicely laid out, easy to read. and shows clearly where things are but it only gives the basics! which is a good thing! Zelda is afterall not just an adventure game. its a puzzle game. and to get a guide that tells you EVERYTHING is wrong!
on 22 June 2011
I bought the game unaware that GAME was also selling the guide. I bought the guide as well and I'm so happy that I did! I find this game very frustrating and confusing at times but the guide allows me to advance further into the game. It is very detailed and has special chapters like the secrets and specials and master quest. Overall, a great buy and highly recommended!