- Paperback: 800 pages
- Publisher: Pearson Education; 6 edition (7 July 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1408226057
- ISBN-13: 978-1408226056
- Product Dimensions: 3.8 x 18.4 x 24.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (17 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 153,361 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Legal Aspects of Nursing Paperback – 7 Jul 2011
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"This book is a practitioner's bible to all aspects of the law within healthcare."
- The Nursing Times Website
"Written in a clear and understandable style, this book has been and is likely to remain the text of choice for students and health care practitioners regardless of their level of clinical experience. Each chapter is littered with case examples that are both relevant and realistic which, in turn, demonstrates the author's thorough grasp of the everyday issues pertinent to the practice of nursing."
- Journal of Community Nursing
From the Back Cover
I like the book. The case work is detailed and the layout offers information in manageable chunks without dumbing down. The cases cited seem to capture students imaginations and provide a good reference point for their own practice.
Karen Thompson, Senior Lecturer University of Brighton
The major strength is the relevance and application to practice. The coverage of specialist areas of nursing is thorough and enhances further the relevance of the text to clinical staff. The content is clear and relatively easy to understand without over-simplifying the complexities. The range of material covered is excellent.
Liz Smith, Programme Leader: Advanced Practice University of Hull
Legal Aspects of Nursing and Healthcare, now in its sixth edition, is your definitive guide to the law and its practical application to everyday nursing situations. Written in an engaging and accessible style, the book covers the legal system and legal issues relating to medicine in general, before examining more specific areas including children and the elderly. As such, Legal Aspects of Nursing and Healthcare is the ideal companion for introductory and specialist study and includes a range of features to help you get to grips with the subject:
- Practical dilemma boxes help you build confidence as you encounter a range of realistic scenarios
- Key case and statute boxes highlight the case law and legislation that you need to be aware of
- Reflection questions and further exercises develop your ability to understand the law, apply it to your own specialisation and succeed in assessments
The book has been thoroughly updated and examines key recent case law and legislation, including:
- Health and Social Care Act 2008
- Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 2008
- Health Act 2009
- Coroners and Justice Act 2009
- Equality Act 2010
- Health and Social Care Bill
Other major changes in the area such as the inception of the Care Quality Commission; the abolition of many NHS quangos and the new complaints system have also been analysed.
BRIDGIT DIMOND MA (Oxon) LLB MPhil DSA, AHSM, Barrister-at-law is Emeritus Professor at the University of Glamorgan. She is an experienced health service manager and lecturer in health service law and management. She is also the author of a number of books and articles on all aspects of professional accountability and patients rights.Visit www.mylawchamber.co.uk/dimond to access a wealth of resources to support your studies. See all Product Description