Leaves from an Autumn of Emergencies: Selections from the Wartime Diaries of Ordinary Japanese Paperback – 30 Nov 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The diaries reveal a far richer variety of attitudes toward the war than previous works have shown us; they reveal a thoughtfulness and a down-to-earth approach to life that will surprise those reared on wartime stereotypes. They will be of interest to all students, both scholars and general readers of World War II and wartime Japan. - James Huffman, Wittenburg University
About the Author
Samuel Hideo Yamashita is the Henry E. Sheffield Professor of History at Pomona College.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Japan
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Cultural History
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage > World War II
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Asia > East Asia > Japan
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Battles & Campaigns
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Countries
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Origins