on 17 September 2015
My daughter used to have trouble in reception and year 1 with adding and subtracting and number bonds, so I bought these remembering them from my school days. Unfortunately, these aren't the exact same product used in schools, as the quality isn't as good, but for home use they are pretty good value and really help your child to visualise how much 10, 20 or 100 etc. is. Also helps with 10s and units.

They can sometimes be a bit hard to disconnect from each other, and some are too loose when they connect together. Also, the ones I remember had a distinctly satisfying "click" - these don't have that.

The only thing I would suggest is, for one child, you probably wouldn't need 500 - as that's way too much. 100 is perfectly enough if you can buy it separately. If not, maybe split it with a friend.
on 13 August 2011
Our son is struggling at school and so we have decided as a family to continue educating him throughout the summer holidays. This was a real dilemma as we wanted to make it fun but not too much fun that he strayed off the subject - MATHS! While we could have used 'Lego' this would have been too tempting for our easily distracted 6 year old: so we thought about what we could use. When at school ourselves my husband and I remembered 1 cm cubes that could be collated, stacked and built with and so we looked for the same and came across the 'Learning Resources Snap Cubes'. We thought about value and bought the large pack of 500 and when they arrived we were not disappointed, even though they were not exactly the same as the ones we used to use ourselves (reminiscence) they are the next best thing, as they are so much more versatile than the boring old ones we had.

We set to using them and found they could be turned into cubes, stacked and best of all easily used by our son to count with because of the bright colours. He has already learned his two times table (and enjoyed it), we are now tackling the 3's. We have a box of resources for learning but these are the resource tool of choice for all the children that visit, they love them and don't realise they are learning (of course with guidance).
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 October 2011
My son is having a some difficulty with Numeracy/Maths in Primary School. I was looking for a way to help teach him at home. These cubes are an excellent idea, because he tends to learn well with visual hands on aids. It is one thing to add numbers in black and white on a page and another to see those numbers add up or be reduced in a real life setting. The only negative thing I can mention is the fact the cubes are sometimes awkward to get on and off. My son unfortunately would rather play games with them. Pseudo Lego.
on 30 May 2014
Very good resource with youngsters or with low performing middle school students. I would recommend it to teachers and parents
on 19 November 2014