on 8 September 2015
Great quality, good fun. Does take a while to assemble and will need adult help for young kids. Drawback for me was that I would have liked several designs to follow of varying sizes. The educational aspect of gears is great.
on 24 August 2017
Grandson delighted very creative
on 25 April 2017
Our grandchildren love it
on 24 August 2017
Excellent product
on 22 April 2017
Good quality. Lots of play potential
on 19 August 2014
I think this is a brililant construction set, certainly different from most other build it sets I've seen. It focusses on something different, gears, lots of brightly coloured moving cogs that can be put together and by turning a handle on one of them, the whole scene comes alive.
Movin' Monkeys is aimed at ages 4+, although in my opinion they would need a lot of assistance to build this. To get the most value out of this I'd say a child around the age of 6 would be most suited as they can follow the instructions and see it as a challenge to build the whole scene. Saying that this set is flexible and you can be creative in your builds, using as little or as many of the pieces as you wish, and if you want to build just one tree with turning cogs then that is a good place to start and learn.
There are six little monkeys which my children loved, with hooked hands and tails that allow you to place then on various parts of the trees. These cleverly swing around as you turn the gears.
For me the great thing about this set is the fact that you can build it and then play with it turning the gears and moving the monkeys around to different places. It is a lot of fun seeing it all working and will provide many hours of building fun!
on 30 August 2011
My eldest son (9) is not particularly interested in this toy although he has used it a small amount in the last couple of years, he is more into lego.
My middle son however who is now nearly 5 has loved it and used it loads, but he has always been interested in cogs, gears, water wheels etc. When we first got it he would just help find out the right colour cogs to put together to make the specific model, but now he is almost able to build the model just from the plans with minimal assistance. He loves making up his own models too.
My youngest son (nearly 3) likes making up his own models with this but I can't see him using it as much as his middle brother.
So in summary, a good buy for a child who is already interested in gears/how things work.
on 27 January 2011
The enjoyment of Gears! is in the building and creating of different structures each time. My son was able to build these himself at age 3 (he's now 4), the turning of the lever is the final action not the total enjoyment. With regards to the previous reviewer to say an item like this isn't educational is like saying Lego isn't educational. We have a different set to this one at home, but my son's preschool have the Monkey set and my son loves it. I think it all depends if your child is into constructing things. If they aren't then they won't like this.
on 25 June 2017
Great product and delivered promptly. Good value for money therefore. everything else is perfect. Excellent experience Performance of the product is very good, very fast, I have been using it and would recommend it to more friends around. I love it.
on 25 September 2015
One of the best things I have bought. Grandson played with this all the time but now he has outgrown it.

See one answered question