Learning the Korn Shell Paperback – 3 May 2002
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This is an excellent book for anyone wanting to learn the Korn shell. -- Lee R. Chikasue, Williamsburg Macromedia User Group, Feb 2003
From the Publisher
Learning the Korn Shell is the key to gaining control of the Korn shell and becoming adept at using it as an interactive command and scripting language. Readers will learn how to write many applications more easily and quickly than with other high-level languages. A solid offering for many years, this newly revised title inherits a long tradition of trust among computer professionals who want to learn or refine an essential skill.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It does not make a good general shell programming reference.
I found this book to be an excellent companion while getting to grips with exactly how you go about getting the computer to do things for you. Although I now realise the limitations of shell scripting and am learning another programming language (Perl) I would not be doing so if I had not had this book to help me get this far.
If you want to code in the Korn shell, have this book in your arsenal.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Operating Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Introduction to Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Linux & Unix
- Books > Computing & Internet > UNIX & Linux > Linux Distributions