on 18 October 2017
Classic!
on 8 October 2000
The first half of this video is a fun way of learning the alphabet and letter sounds without children realising that that's what they're doing. "C is for Cookie" by Cookie Monster is inspired songwriting! Children and adults can watch it repeatedly without it becoming irritating. However, "Sing Yourself Silly!" includes moments of pure genius, such as "I'm an Aardvark and I'm Proud" and "Proud to be a Cow" and I've caught myself watching it and singing along when there are no children in the room. It should carry a warning that the songs are seriously catchy and that you could find yourself singing them at the bus stop on the way to work in the morning. Highly recommended for children of all ages.
on 17 December 2014
This DVD doesn't work on a uk DVD player. Can't send it back to America because it cost more in postage than the DVD
on 19 February 2011
great dvd, don't expect crystal clear picture a lot of the footage/animation was done in the 70's but that's the appeal, it's fun, funky, my 4 year old boy loves it, groovy abc song, great spotting letters video in the classic sesame street way with jazz and 70s new york footage... nice old animation, it's exacly as I imagined very happy (a little short, they could have squeezed more on the dvd thats why 4 stars not 5)
on 26 December 2009
As someone who grew up on sesame street in the US, I am keen for my child to be exposed to it here in the UK. This resource is vintage sesame street. My three year old loves it and it helps him greatly to learn his letters.
on 11 May 2014
In a bid to amuse my little boy, I bought this dvd as my original video was thrown away some 12 years ago when I thought I was done with Sesame Street, however, he likes it and watches it on an almost daily basis.
on 11 October 2014
Super DVD. The Grandchildren love it and it brought back so many memories. The best thing is it is educational as well as fun!
on 19 March 2010
Great fun and learning tool for the little ones, whilst also being very entertaining. It's the only time I allowed the little ones to watch TV (at that age) so I purchased the full range of DVD's. Good quality but took a while to arrive. Was fun and exciting in my days too and is one of the rare things of my time that can be handed down to todays new generation and be just as greatly appreciated, received and valued. Also makes a great present for those with little ones.. who may have forgot.
on 2 July 2012
I ordered this dvd only to find that it is not possible to watch it without a multi regional player. I contacted the seller, who said that they will refund, but not cover the postage as it is as sold. Having looked again I can see it does say "region 1". But having bought two other Sesame Street dvd's from Amazon within a couple of weeks, I had no reason to think that this dvd, sold in the UK, was made for US dvd's! Very angry. Why is it being sold on the English Amazon website?
on 13 April 2009
Never arrived and am very disappointed. after waiting 3 weeks, was sent an email stating - not available. Am having trouble getting a refund!
I marked one star because there is no other option given!