on 30 May 2017
1st class transaction great product
on 31 January 2013
Where to start about this book.... it's basically and complete idiots guide to owning a dog or puppy. Let's get one thing straight, I have been really trying to do my homework in preparation for my new pup, and make a happy environment in and around my home for both family and dog. Therefore a well trained dog is essential! However this book is. Completely unreadable! Majority of the book is just common sense and is pretty much an individuals opinions on how to train dogs and how they perceive dogs behavioural habits to be. Clearly the book has been written by someone who has been around dogs for most of their life, but certainly not by an expert by any stretch of the imagination!

The book bores you to death with its ridiculously poor grammar and repeating so many sentences and phrases. There were even some areas of book that had literally just been copied and pasted just to stretch out the contents! Very poor indeed. I stopped reading it once he suggested taking a hose to your pup or throwing a can of marbles in the pup or dogs direction! I mean I understand the concept of this idea in that you are trying to make the dog associate bad habits with unpleasant things, but cans of marbles and hose pipes!!! Surely another way to teach your dog.

I was going to finish by saying you get what you pay for. That's not even the case with this book! Enough said!

The idea of having a book for your specific breed is great, not so great when the book is vague and generalised for what could be any breed. Just stick with a training book that is well known. Cesar Millan?? Don't buy, wage of money!!
on 28 March 2013
I bought this book without reading the reviews and that was a valuable lesson in making sure I always read reviews in the future...

My husband called me to say the book had arrived and described it as "Janet and John's Guide to Owning a Dog". He warned me that I would be absolutely aghast with the grammar - and he was right.

This book is indeed simple, written in very large print and quite honestly a little patronising. The lady who said her 6 year old grandchild could understand the book has about hit the right demographic.

On the plus side, it was cheap so I'm not going to get too upset. I'll just need to buy another English Springer Spaniel book (aimed at grown-ups this time)!
on 2 July 2014
The previous reviewers are correct - this is so bad a book, so very bad, that one feels cheated, ripped off, at having bought it! Vince Stead has nothing to offer dog lovers at all and I suspect, is only interested in relieving them of their money. Not only does this depressing tome offer no information of any interest or value but it is horribly written, full of bad grammar and spelling mistakes and at one point even starts repeating text already written,. Having bought it in all innocence I felt cheated, scammed, ripped off and robbed. Vince Stead, I'm afraid to say, has nothing whatsoever to teach us about dogs and a great deal to show about low, cheating opportunism on the book market. I will never buy a book on Amazon again without checking the reviews which unanimously show the duplicity of this scam book!
on 31 March 2013
I have never read a book so badly written. The grammar is truly awful. My English is not perfect by any means, but this is dreadful.
on 24 April 2013
Book was so awful we returned it, the spelling was very poor. I would not recommend this book to anyone. PLEASE DON'T BUY IT!!!
on 13 May 2013
My wife ordered this for one of my daughters, apparently without checking the reviews first. To be honest, I've never come across such a badly-written book in all my life. Littered with spelling mistakes, dreadful grammar, repetition of whole sections, not to mention some highly-dubious 'facts'. The whole thing reads like a school project my kids could have written themselves. Simply staggering.
on 9 November 2013
I expecetd to learn more about my english spaniel and more on training him. Fairly basic and I did not learn much more than what I already knew. Probably good for someone who knows little about spaniels or dogs in general. Overall experienced it to be a little disappointing.
on 27 November 2012
A very basic puppy training book that even my 6 year old grandaughter found helpful. using the tips provided our puppy was house trained by the time he was 9 weeks old. that has to be a book worth reading.
on 29 July 2013
absolute rubbish gave the impression that it was written by a uneducated five year old.
the book also had some very dangerous ideas about puppy health matters