- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Portfolio Penguin (6 Oct. 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0670921602
- ISBN-13: 978-0670921607
- Product Dimensions: 15.3 x 2.4 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (302 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 519 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Lean Startup: How Constant Innovation Creates Radically Successful Businesses Paperback – 6 Oct 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Every so often a business book comes along that changes how we think about innovation and entrepreneurship. The Lean Startup has the chops to join this exalted company. (Philip Delves Broughton Financial Times)
Mandatory reading for entrepreneurs... loaded with fascinating stories and practical principles (Dan Heath, coauthor of Switch and Made to Stick)
If you are an entrepreneur, read this book. If you are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur, read this book. If you are just curious about entrepreneurship, read this book. (Randy Komisar, founding director of TiVo)
The Lean Startup will change the way we think about entrepreneurship (Tom Eisenmann, Professor of Entrepreneurship, Harvard Business School)
Eric Ries has created a science where previously there was only art. A must-read for every serious entrepreneur - and every manager interested in innovation (Marc Andreessen, cofounder of Andreessen Horowitz, Opsware, and Netscape)
I know of no better guide to improve the odds of a startup's success' (Mitchell Kapor, Founder, Lotus Development Corp)
This book is the guided tour of the key innovative practices used inside Google, Toyota, and Facebook, that work in any business (Scott Cook, Founder and Chairman, Intuit)
From the Inside Flap
Most new businesses fail. But most of those failures are preventable.
The Lean Startup is a new approach to business that's being adopted around the world. It is changing the way companies are built and new products are launched.
The Lean Startup is about learning what your customers really want. It's about testing your vision continuously, adapting and adjusting before it's too late.
Now is the time to think Lean.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
In fewer than 300 pages it gave me a good 15 flashbacks. Points where I was shouting out loud "exactly!"
Embarrassingly, it also gave me a whole bunch of moments where I said "why did nobody tell me that back then."
It's a MUST if you are starting a business.
It's not without its faults. It's an advertisement for his consultancy, it could do without the references to Toyota (of which there's tons), it really reads like one of those self-help guides obese people read on airplanes; it's far from perfect.
It is regardless AWESOME and it's a very quick read.
Look away now if you don't want me to spoil it for you, here come the main points:
1. Entrepreneurship can happen in funny places.
2. Value = providing benefit to the customer. “Success is not delivering a feature; success is learning how to solve a customer’s problem.”
3. Launch! You’re not going to increase the value of the product without real customer input
4. Launch! You could be perfecting a product of no value
5. Launch! You WILL throw a lot of work away; the earlier you launch the less you’ll throw away
6. For all the above reasons, keep going through short cycles of BUILD, MEASURE, LEARN
7. Plan to learn; don’t say “I learned” as an excuse after a failure if you did not have a lesson planned in there.
8. There is a problem with launching: Once you’ve launched you give up on the “audacity of zero.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great spinner! Really smooth & quiet & goes on spinning for much longer than others on the market - my son is delighted with it! Seller very reliable - highly recommended! Read morePublished 2 days ago by Helen M
Super fast delivery! Son and husband love it... I don't get the whole spinner thingPublished 6 days ago by Jenni Bainbridge
Fast service, great product and my son is totally happy with his fidget spinner! ThanksPublished 9 days ago by POOJA TOOLSY