on 4 June 2016
I love this series. I knew it would be different to all Tim's other work but not, if that makes sense because all of Tims books seem to interlink somehow. Well that's the feel I get. This series though was just brilliant and really spoke to me. It's definitely worth 5 stars if not more.
on 9 September 2012
Welcome back to Endra, the long anticipated 2nd book in the 'Doorways' trilogy is finally here & it was well worth the wait!!

Action, adventure, betrayal & surprises around every corner await you in this book. Not for the squeamish or faint-hearted! Endra is filled with so many fantastic charaters & creatures, it's so easy to get completely lost in the read. The descriptions are so vivid you feel like you're right there. I must say the Delf & Throat are two of the most vile & disgusting characters I have ever read about & I read ALOT!! It still amazes me the way O'Rourke weaves all his stories (and series) together so flawlessly you never even realize what hes doing til you're in the middle of it with your jaw on the floor. It has also become quite clear to me in this book that he really goes all out in his "research" for his stories ;)

Once again he has left me completely awed (& a little ticked off, he does favor cliff-hangers!!) Cannot wait to see what he comes up with next =)
on 25 April 2013
In this book everything happened fast, very fast making it almost impossible for me to put it down. In book one I got to meet the characters, in Book two I felt everything that happened to them, from Anna's fear to Zach's doubts and Throat's hatred. I became friends with them due to how well written they are and how well the author has expressed each and every one of their situations, emotions and actions. Their thoughts are easy to understand and some of them were very easy to relate-to for me. I found myself trapped in a different world, trying to save this one. I met tigers and wolfs, vampires and artificial life forms. I ran through deserts and swam in seas as strange as the creatures in it.
The author did a wonderful job transporting me in this book, showing me a different world and showing me glimpses of other worlds, stories and characters. It is amazing how all his books and stories are intertwined in the most unimaginable ways. I cannot wait to read the third book in this saga, hope it is published soon.
on 2 October 2012
Doorways was Brilliant, The League of Doorways is even better. We continue the journey through Endra and yet again Tim's imagination and descriptive writing seems to transport you to join the unlikely group of friends that are on a dangerous journey to save Endra. If you like The Lord of the Rings you will absolutely love love love The League of Doorways, Enjoy :) and please hurry and bring out the third book in the trilogy, I can't wait :)
on 6 June 2013
I have read all of Tim's books within the last couple of months since accidentally coming across Kiera Hudson and every one has been a really good read. Gutted that I have now run out for now. This one is the second in the series set in a very different world to ours where nothing looks like it does here and surprises come from unexpected characters. The end leaves you wanting to get on to the next book but we'll have to wait for that.
on 12 September 2012
Another great book following the adventures of Zachery Black and his friends a Wolf, a Slath/Vampire, a mechanical man among others, battling together to save their worlds with the help of some weird and wonderful mechanical creatures along the way . An action packed book full of adventures, betrayals and all the twists and turns you'd expect in one of Mr O'Rourke's books.You won't be disappointed!!!
on 18 February 2013
Holy Macaroni batman! Another masterpiece by THE Master of keeping you holding on right to the end, then making you think "WHAT THE....!!??" I love Tim's worlds, Endra is totally "mental" in so many ways, his creatures WE call werewolves, vampires, sorcerers, witches - Tim changes them into something that takes it to a TOTALLY different dimension.

Where in the hell his ideas come from is beyond me! How he still manages to have a normal home life and family and not being in a padded room with a straight jacket somewhere is fantastic.... His mind must be full of craziness! He is a clever, clever man - with his twists and links to all his different series'- like the railway stations and the "PUSH and pulls" OH. MY. GOD.... I got very excited when Wally was telling Willow about the tracks and the different worlds and "when's" and how we need to get back on the rails to put things back how they should be and even mentioned characters from other series'.

I love this world and all the craziness and fabulous creatures/people.

Cannot believe the ending... when is book 3 out?......
on 12 September 2012
Another fab book from Mr O'Rourke,
Totally grabs you and wont let go untill you have finished.
roll on the next book
on 8 November 2012
This book is yet again, up to Tim's usual standard of excellence, you must read book one first. I have read all of Tim's books, they are all up to a really high standard, I can recommend not only this series, but also all the Keira Hudson books et al. I've just read his latest Keira book and hope there will also be a follow on to this Doorways series.
on 2 December 2012
I've become quite a fan of Tim o'rouke since getting a kindle most of my library is by him! What fascinates me most about his books is that he brings in characters from his other series so they intertwine but you wouldn't realise unless you had read the others. This series is as good as the others and I'm looking forward to reading the next installment.