Customer reviews

on 18 January 2013
We have a few of the 'Le Toy Van' toys. These being the fire engine, a set of fireman and a tractor. Initially, I was very happy with these toys as they do look good and the fire engine comes with quite a few extra bits.

However, after just a few days of fairly careful play things start to fall apart as follows:

The fireman:
One of the fireman hats which was glued on, broke off
Two of the fireman's clothes started to fray and fall off

The fire engine:
The rubber on the tires will not stay on and with a few revolutions of the wheels gets stuck in the axle and the wheel wont go round, causing no end of frustration. I removed the rubber and now they are ok.
The ladder split, (wood at the top snapped) so that the ladder no longer slides up and down nicely and actually comes out the top if the wood happens to line up with the break
The hoses, which are supposed to fit into the fire engine are not the right size and so only one of them fits into some of the holes (not all)

The tractor
Same problem with the rubber tires as with the fire engine
The way he tractor is put together means that the screws slowly undo when pushing it around. This has caused small parts to come off, such as screws, washers and bits of wood. This is Ok with my 4yr old, but not so good when the bits fall off and are eaten by my one year old. I have screwed them in, but you cant do them tightly because the design means the wheels would not turn around. I may try gluing the screws in

Overall:
These are expensive toys, and whilst the price can be justified because they are made of wood, the quality is too low. These were my child's main toys for his birthday and have cause frustration and sadness as his main toys are broken with weeks of opening them. I will be avoiding this make again.
on 30 December 2009
I received this toy today to accompany the toy Fire Station and men I had also purchased made by the same company and was pleasantly surprised by the weightiness and good construction of this wooden fire engine. My three-and-a-half year old son was delighted to have this as an after Christmas gift purchased with his Christmas money.

My only little niggle about this would be the way the ladder attaches to the engine could have been better thought out as it is only by a plastic dowel that just sits in the top very loosely to enable it to turn which means it easily comes out when you try to extend the ladder which has frustrated my son a little. It would have made more sense if it had been bolted onto the engine to enable it to turn without coming out (I will consider this a little project for my problem solving hubby to sort out!) Nevertheless we are happy with the toy and would recommend it although the price tag was a bit on the high side when bought with the station and the crew all separately.
on 24 October 2014
I got this last year along with the fire station and firemen for my then 2yr olds father christmas present last year... it really had quite the wow factor for christmas day. He's 3 now and although it has never been his favourite toy (still plays more with brio train set and toot toot garage) he will play with it about once a week and now makes up role play stories about what is happening etc. I like it as its wooden rather than plastic fantastic so its not such an eyesore as other toys, and actually looks like a rather attractive feature in the corner of our living room. When friends come round to play they always gravitate towards it so it definitely has an appeal to 2-3yr olds at least and I anticipate it will continue to be played with for a few more years. I imagine that it will be one that I store in the attic for the grandchildren to play with one day too! It is sturdy and has stood the test of time over the past year at least - looks as good as new really!
on 2 November 2014
My little girls really loves this robust wooden toy, lots of detail and I think fantastic value for money. Definitely going to consider Le Toy Van toys for future presents for my 3 little girls, they may be slightly more expensive than other toys but I think the quality makes up for it. I'm fed up of wasting money on cheap toys that fall apart or don't work properly or need adapting.
on 17 November 2010
This Fire engine from Le Toy is very well made, durable,and is colourful,
I have also bought another item from this range,which is also brilliant and excellent value
on 27 November 2013
Arrived in great time. Bought it for son 's 2nd birthday. It is a hit! It should last a while. However, some of the parts are not screwed on tightly enough and we've had to address this. Other than that, it's great.
on 31 December 2013
Perfect to trigger the imagination of a three year old who learnt what "spreading " meant and quickly put out lots of fires!
Great to have a well made toy that did not need batteries/talk/play music.
on 2 August 2016
Should be handlled v ery gen tly our 3 year old son dropped it on ce annd the ladder and one side got damaged im mediately. Would hav e. Been m uch b etter if the doors could. Be open ed:)
on 27 September 2013
My grandson has played with it constantly since opening his birthday parcel last weekend. I was warned there wer only 3 in stock and delighted to report it came early.
on 1 May 2015
A great toy giving my grandson hours of pleasure - just a shame for the sake of a few extra pounds the firefighters are not included.