Customer reviews

Colour: Satin Black|Change
Price:£175.00 - £188.10

on 2 November 2013
To start off, I had read articles saying that paellas should only be cooked in stainless steel pans. You can't create the crusty rice with teflon and cast iron pans retain too much heat. I ordered this pan just the same as I intended to use it for a lot more than paellas. The first thing I tried were pan-fried potatoes in duck fat. It turned out perfect. The black enamel coating didn't need any conditioning, just lightly rinsed with soapy water. It was definitely non-stick if you start cooking at the right temperature. The potatoes browned nicely and got crispy edges which is quite difficult to achieve when using a teflon pan. I have an induction hob and it worked perfectly with that too. Really good heat distribution. I finally tried a paella today and everything turned out splendid. The rice cooked evenly (no stirring) and I got the slightly burned, crusty rice on the bottom of the pan! As far as cleaning it, I just soaked it in plain water and brushed off the remaining crusty bit with a plastic brush. I never soap the inside of my cast iron pans as I think they just get better and better when left slightly oily. I just use very hot water while using a plastic brush. I'd definitely purchase this again!
on 20 August 2014
Excellent!! As I have grown to expect from ale Creuset Kitchenware . I have a casserole dish ( the oval one) that I have had for nearly 30 years and is still like new and is used at least once a week every week all that time. They also work on my induction Hob. I am sure the Paella pan will serve me equally as well.
I know they are very expensive to buy but spread that cost over the many years of use and they work out cheaper than any other pots and pans you will ever buy, and they look so good as well plus easy to clean. Thank you Le Creuset.
on 27 November 2013
EXCELLENT SERVICE THE ARRIVED ONE DAY BEFORE! AMAZING!

THE PAN ITSELF IS STUNNING and a good size to feed a family of 4/6

I WILL MAKE LOTS OF PAELLAS NOW!!! :)

i will buy again from Amazon
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 November 2014
This is an extremely useful pan, even though I very rarely cook paella. It provides a large surface on which you can grill any cut of meat, so I most often use it when the weather is too bad for a BBQ. You can heat it up to high temperatures, it cook very evenly and you get a nice crust on meat. It is very easy to clean (just soak it in warm water, rinse, dry on the hob to make sure that there is no moisture left and oil very lightly). After a few uses it becomes non stick so long as you never put it in the dishwasher, which would destroy the patina. I have several other Le Creuset pieces but this one is amongst the most useful as you can easily do 8-10 lamb chops for ex, without the pan being crowded.
on 19 February 2016
Expensive but good quality...works well on induction hob